Success after IF
Options

Advice for someone looking into IVF

I am going through my 3rd mc, am 37, and have recurring endometriosis. I am wondering if IVF would matter for me. Anyone here have success with this type of background? My docs keep emphasizing how old I am like I should just give up!

Re: Advice for someone looking into IVF

• Options
    I'm in my mid-20s. I have endo that was severe 3 years ago. I haven't had surgery since so I don't know how it has progressed but if it was already severe I'm guessing it was pretty bad. I also have low AMH. I tried several rounds of TI and IUI before mov
  • Options
    If you're not seeing a reproductive endocrinologist (RE for short) you really need to. You don't need to give up, you just need to make sure you understand what your best course of treatment is and what your odds are.
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. I have severe endo and was able to conceive through IVF, though it did take a few tries. Definitely look into seeing a RE, good luck.
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • Options

I'm sorry for your recurrent losses.  I was 37 when I had my first BFP (via IUI) and ended up with a m/c.  I was 38 when I had my 2nd BFP (via IVF #1) and gave birth to M when I was 39.  I don't have endo; but the fact that I was 38 was

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all. I have made my first apt. Hope I am in your shoes soon!

• Options
    Thanks all. I have made my first apt. Hope I am in your shoes soon! Will look into see if they have an RE on staff

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"