October 2012 Moms

Is this amount of food normal??

Mobile: Is this amount of food normal??

Hello ladies,

Recently, we switched our LO to a new daycare, and I have been pretty happy with our choice, but suddenly it seems like they are feeding him a whole lot more food than I would imagine is normal....but I'm absolutely lost on this front, so please help me out, especially if you're a BFer who supplements.

Yesterday and the day before, his little report sheet said that he'd happily eaten 20 ounces of food -- 15 of breast milk and one 5 ounce bottle of formula.  Before this, he was eating 15 ounces a day of just breastmilk, and since I wasn't able to keep up on the pump, I've been supplementing with bags of milk from the freezer (which are now gone) and now formula.  Well, I don't know the logistics of supplementing with formula, but 20 ounces seems like a whole ton of food, no?  KellyMom reported babies Henry's age need an average of 19 to 30 ounces in a whole day, so for him to take the bulk of his calories in the 8 hours he's at daycare seems nutty to me.  But please correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't want to mention something to them if I'm the nutty one here.

Just some other tidbits to inform the situation: I drop him off at 8am and he is picked up at 5pm.  Yesterday he got four five-ounce bottles spaced about 2.5 hours apart.  Outside of daycare, he eats from the breast four additional times, one of those times being in the middle of the night; and as of very lately, we've been providing an additional few teaspoons of fruits or veggies after his 5:30pm feeding. And one last note -- He seems to only be fed this much with one of the handful of providers at this daycare.  The other girl (whom I like much better) usually does pretty well to give him 13-15 ounces of breastmilk with no formula supplements.

So...after this long-winded question...is this normal?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Is this amount of food normal??

• My LO is almost on the exact same feeding schedule. She eats anywhere from 16-20 oz @ daycare (7:30 to 4:30), 4 or 5x at home (at least 1 MOTN), plus a bit of solids. We send her with 4 oz bottles (usually 12 oz of BM and the rest formula) and they wil

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageporklump30:

My LO is almost on the exact same feeding schedule. She eats anywhere from 16-20 oz @ daycare (7:30 to 4:30), 4 or

• Loading the player...
  • DS gets three 4.5-5oz bottles at daycare. He's there for 7.5-8 hours and he usually eats every 2.5-3 hours. He used to only get 5oz bottles, but some days I have trouble pumping that much so he gets some 4.5 oz bottles.

This is the same as the 13

IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• If it's only happening with one I would raise the issue. My little chunky monkey is home from 730130 with her dad during the day and only eats between 710 ounces while I'm at work and she's just hit 19 lbs....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • My boys are at daycare from 8-5:30, and typically go through 3 bottles a day (Andrew takes 7oz bottles, Will 5.5oz, all formula). Occasionally one of them will have four bottles, if they're either going through a growth spurt or the timing of the day goes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageshaunah816:
    My boys are at daycare from 8-5:30, and typically go through 3 bottles a day (Andrew takes 7oz bottles, Will 5.5oz

• imagescerulla:

imageshaunah81

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Previously I was pumping and supplementing once or twice a day...now almost ebfing. I was feeding within the recommended dosage and my son was dropping on the percentiles...getting to fifth and worrying the pedi. She said he seemed to be eating avg for hi
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"