Multiples
Options

Overwhelming Pregnancy Days (vent)

It's been a few rough days in a row and I'm trying to hang tough, but I realize that it's a lot to handle all at once.  I'm 32 weeks today... this week I have FIVE doctors appointments.  One was a consult with a pediatric plastic surgeon because our daughters both have been diagnosed with cleft lip and will need surgery when they reach 10 lbs., so we're trying to pick a hospital/practice now while we still have "time".  It's stressful to try to make decisions that will affect your identical daughters' faces for the rest of their lives - as one surgeon pointed out - the next 100 years.  

I also have iron infusions (two appointments this week) for my anemia.  Awesome. I'm tired because I'm pregnant then add the anemia.  Cool.

At my MFM appointment yesterday we found out that B isn't growing as steadily as A and although the dr. didn't say the words IUGR, I read the description afterward and it was basically word for word what the dr was trying to explain was happening.  It's something to watch and another thing to stress about.

Stress? Well I also have rising blood pressure and increased swelling of the hands and feet - and the doctor used the words "watching for preeclampsia" - so my week has gotten better and better :(

Today I have my second iron infusion of the week and then an OB appointment with an NST, let's hope there's nothing but good/non-stressful news there.  

Pregnancy is harder than you imagine it's going to be.  I always feel so guilty for whining or feeling overwhelmed because I know that being pregnant, and being pg with twins is such an amazing blessing considering my infertility, but this is TOUGH work.  Thankfully, my mom is flying out to stay with me next week, since DH will be gone for work all week and we decided that with my new lack of mobility and the rising blood pressure that maybe I needed a "babysitter" rather than being alone for five days.  My ego isn't hurt in the least bit!  Sometimes a girl needs her Mama! 

TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Overwhelming Pregnancy Days (vent)

• Options
    hugs being thankful for your babies doesn't mean you can't have complications. Hang in there, hope everything goes well today and you are able to hang in there for a few more weeks without too much trouble!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dang twin pregnancies are rough but you definitely have lots of extra stress on your plate. I'm sorry :( I'm glad your mom is coming out to help....it's true how mamas can make things so much better:) Hang in there....you are getting so close!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sending T&P your way that you get some good -- or at least less-stressful -- news at your next appointment.  You're right; it IS a lot to handle, and you are doing your very best! 

Glad your mom is coming to stay.  I know a vis

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    AB87AB87 member
    I hope things begin to get better for you..and you're right about needing your Mama sometimes! I'm glad your mom is able to stay with you. Good luck at the rest of your appointments!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're having such a rough week. I'm glad your mom is coming out to help and offer support. Hang in there... Hugs!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Twin pregnancy isn't for wimps! You're doing great with a lot on your plate. I'm glad your mom is coming to help out. Just take it one day at a time and rest as much as you can.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"