December 2011 Moms

sippy cup advice please.

Hi ladies!

DD stopped drinking from a bottle at 12 months, I transitioned her to a Nuby sippy cup with the softer nipple. Last night I tried to give her a sippy cup with the hard nipple but she will not suck the hard nipple so that the milk could come out. She then cries for her other cup. I know it probably will take time, but I just am not sure how to go about it.

Should I rotate cups?

Wait it out?

Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sippy cup advice please.

• I know I won't be of help, DS still only drinks his milk from a bottle. He won't drink it out of a sippy cup. The doctor said it was ok and for me to keep trying during the day with a specific sippy cup that is only for milk and then certain ones only be
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Maybe she'd do better with a straw cup? That's the only kind my son has ever taken!
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • imagelageorgiapaperie:
    Maybe she'd do better with a straw cup? That's the only kind my son has ever taken!
    <p
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelageorgiapaperie:
    Maybe she'd do better with a straw cup? That's the only kind my son has ever taken!
    <p

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• I wouldn't worry about it and just use the Nuby. DS won't do really hard sippy cups either except the Take N Toss ones, so he usually uses those at daycare and then mostly uses Nuk soft nipple ones at home. We've started doing an open cup too so I guess I
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She will not drink from a straw yet. I'll try the straw sippy cup and see how it goes. She drinks from an open cup fine so I guess the hard sippy cup is no big deal. The nuby soft nipple just seems like a bottle to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelckcdc3:

imagelageorgiapaper
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Until DD was far older, she would have nothing to do with the hard sippy cups... It is what it is. IMO, not something I'd battle over, just use more of the soft ones until she's got such a strong suck that it busts the openings...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"