Baby Showers

do i send an email or not

So my MIL and SIL are having a shower for me and sent the invites last week.

I have since been informed by one of the ivited and by my SIL that she forgort to put where I was registered at.  At first I was a little miffed since I took the time to make 2 and spent a lot of time reserching the stuff I put on there. so my question is do I send a mass email kindly explaing the oppsie on her part and tell them where I registered or just hope they ask either her or I and hope that I still get some things that I registered for?  Don't want to be tacky, but I made the registries for a reason.

Re: do i send an email or not

• That would be 100% tacky, either they will ask the hostesses, look it up online, or gift card or buy something they choose to. A registry is an idea not a MUST BUY FROM. Shoot I have NEVER bought from a registry for someone and they were always happy I st
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • You do nothing and it might not have been an "oopsie."  People aren't stupid.  If they want to buy off the registry, they will ask or research it themselves. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagechattychiqa:
    I would think most would think to look at the heavy hitters like Target, BRU, Walmart, Amazon, etc. Alternatively
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, some people think putting registry information on the invitation is rude. I personally do not, but your MIL and/or SIL may be of this opinion. Don't worry....not everyone will buy from your registry anyway. Think of the registry as a list you keep j
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pretty much "ditto" everything already said.  But also realize that registries aren't rocket science.  If you registered at a big store, people WILL find it.  Or they'll ask.  It's not difficult.  Give your guests some credit h

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• What they all said...

I love how expectant mothers feel that "they spent so much time putting this registry together" that it's unfathomable that someone wouldn't shop from it.  I also love how they feel that their friends and family are j

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelpowell333:

So my MIL and SIL are having a shower for me and sent the invites last week.

I have since been informed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Let the guests sort this out with the hostesses.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • If people ask you then offer the information, if not then don't say anything. Registry info is just suggestions for people who want ideas as to what to get you, not manditory guides.

It wasn't an "oppsie" to not include it, it was good manners t

• M0ONM0ON member

imageneverblushed:
    Have a guest who knows your MIL or SIL well call and let them know about the omission of your registry info. &nb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCranang:

What they all said...

I love how expectant mothers feel that "they spent so much time putting this registry t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't send an email. If a guest wants to buy off your registry they will ask your hostess if you are registered anywhere when they call to RSVP, or like pp's have said it's not that hard to find someone's registry online. 
  • God, no. Just no. The registry is a guide line. Not a requirement. In my experience guests buy what they want anyway. I promise you will live with whatever you get.

It sounds really bratty to be so focused on the stupid thing.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagestw_77:

You do nothing and it might not have been an "oopsie."  People aren't stupid.  If they want to buy off the r

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No. If people care to know where you are registered, they will ask. Some people will just plug your name into registry websites to see if you are registered there. Emailing would be about the tackiest thing you could do in this situation. Just roll with i
  • Most people will probably ask when the RSVP to her.

• imageBetty&Co:
    No. If people care to know where you are registered, they will ask. Some people will just plug your name into re
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I cohosted a bridal shower, and we did not put registry info on the invites.  When guests called to RSVP, some asked if/where the bride was registered.  With other people, I brought up "oh, and just in case you wanted to know, she is register

• imageMeery82:
    imagestw_77:<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"