Any other expensive Pre-Kindergarten graduation fees out there? — The Bump
Pre-School

Any other expensive Pre-Kindergarten graduation fees out there?

DS's school is charging a $75 pre-kindergarten graduation fee.  What does that entail? Cap and gown, 10 invitations, gift bag, diploma, and a photo opp.  I asked the school was this a fundraiser because I thought the fee was a bit high.  I know of college graduation fees that cost less than this Confused.

Any other expensive pre-kindergarten graduation fees out there?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Any other expensive Pre-Kindergarten graduation fees out there?

• What? We didn't even have a pre-K or kindergarten graduation program.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Paying for this at all is crazy.  I don't believe in the whole real cap and gown thing anyway.  At my girls school, the kids make a cute little cap, wear whatever they have and do a short little program at school where they sing some songs and t
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that's bs.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Wow, that's shocking. Our VPK graduation has a $10 fee that covers drinks and food following the event. If you want to keep the cap and gown, I think the fee was $25 or $30.

I'm also a bit surprised with them including ten invitations. They real

Hawaii
  • That's crazy. I've never even heard of kids wearing a cap and gown in preK. When I graduated HS (1999) the fee for HS graduation was $40 including cap and gown. I think college (2004) was that as well. There's absolutely no way I would pay $75 for preK gr
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KL777KL777 member
    imagejlw2505:
    Paying for this at all is crazy.  I don't believe in the whole real cap and gown thing anyway.  At my girls sc

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Lol. Our preschool has the kids make paper graduation hats as a craft, they each get a little piece of paper saying they completed preschool (or their first year of preschool), and parents get to snap pictures with their own cameras. 

And th

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Wow!  My kids preschool had a free family picnic at a playground and then the teacher handed out certificates.  They do not make a big deal out of it because it can cause anxiety in young children.  
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • imagelite-bright:

Lol. Our preschool has the kids make paper graduation hats as a craft, they each get a little piece of paper sayi

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Our K was $10 for the cap, no gown.  She wore dressy clothes.   No invites, gift bag (I bought her something on my own), we got a photo op and a paper diploma.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards