Pregnant after IF
Options

Advice please? Did you have sex on day of trigger shot?

Hi. I've jumped over here from the infertility forum because I figured the people on this forum have successfully got pregnant : I would love some advice on when to BD after a trigger shot. I'm on second round of clomid and had a 13 day scan today which showed a 26mm follicle. Unfortunately my LH was low 9 so I was given a trigger shot. The nurse said to wait until tomorrow to BD and then do it again the next night but I think I should do it tonight with a follicle that large???? I have ovulation pain and I just don't want to miss it. Any advice???

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

Re: Advice please? Did you have sex on day of trigger shot?

• Options

We were told to, but I got a stomach flu so dh had to take care f things on his own.  If at all possible try to do it when they tell you to because it will be a long time before you are allowed to do it again.  Esp if you develop cysts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have always been told to have sex 12 and 36 hours after trigger. I usually triggered in the morning so we had sex that evening and then 2 nights after that. Good luck!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ttc23ttc23 member
    Thanks. The way it's worked our we have BD 4 hours after trigger then 27 hours after trigger. By tomorrow night it will be 41 hours after trigger so we'll try again then too if we can :

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
    Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
    Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
    IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
    IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
    Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
    FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
    FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
    FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
    IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
    IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"