High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Preterm labor at 26 weeks:

Ugh I need to vent. Thanks in advance for anyone who listens. On Tuesday I felt very crampy and started spotting and I called my drs and they said to go ld to get checked out. I was contracting but my cervix was "tightly closed" and they sent me home after a couple hours since I had a dr appt at 8 the next morning. I contracted all night and was pretty uncomfortable. My dr checked me cervix and agreed that it was tightly closed but did a NST just to check on baby girl and all and see if I was still contracting which I knew I was. After my NST my dr sent me back up to ld just to be monitored for a couple hours well u dilated just to a "fingertip" by Wednesday evening and was still contracting pretty painfully but they didn't think I would dilate anymore but admitted me to the antepartum unit since I was complaining of pressure they checked me Thursday morning and I dilated to a "solid 1 cm" and they decided to give me steroid shots. They cannot give me anything to stop the contractions because I have a history of pulmonary edema and I had a pulmonary embolism about a month ago. I did not dilate anymore but still am having uncomfortable contractions every 20 minutes or so they let me go home with a ton of restrictions and a very low tolerance for coming back they cannot put me on bedrest because of the clotting issues. I am so overwhelmed and scared that my baby is going to be born so early since I am only 26 weeks. I also have a 4 year old and a 9 month old. And since I have had 2 previous csections and my last one was only 9 months ago the dr said I have a higher chance of uterine rupture so I am terrified that all of these contractions are going to cause that to happen. Ugh I just don't know what to do or how to handle any of this:

Re: Preterm labor at 26 weeks:

• Options
    sending t & p's your way for you and your baby girl! hang in there!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Wow, that is a lot going on at once.  Try to rest up.  Praying for you and LO.  I hope you can hold on for a while longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's super scary! Definitely praying for you and LO. Hang in there!
  • Options

That sure is a lot to take on and can be very stressful due to how little control you feel like you have. Take it as easy as you possibly can. I hope all is well and just know that lots of thoughts and prayers are coming your way. 

Good Luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your support it means a lot!
  • Options
    My daughter was born at 26 weeks due to a shortened cervix. We are preparing to bring her home in a few weeks. Like you, I am glad they gave me the steroid shot. I believe that the shot played a MAJOR roll in her development and subsequent time in the NIC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"