October 2011 Moms

Shoe half sizes

Kind of a silly question, but do you generally buy the kids' shoes in half size increments? See I think DD is just starting to outgrow her size 5 Stride Rite shoes and I will get her feet measured this weekend to be sure of her size, but I wasn't sure how how much wiggle room I could get away with for the next size up.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shoe half sizes

• At this age, I do not. Probably flameful but that's the truth. 

If my kid is at a 6.5 then I will just buy a 7 if they are able to walk in it. Their feet grow so darn fast! If I do it this way at least I get a few months out of each pair of

• DD's feet seem to grow about 1/2 size every 2-3 months.  She was a 4 in Sept, 4 1/2 from Dec til now, and I just moved her up to a 5.  I think I'm going to stick with whole sizes from here on out so I don't have to buy new shoes as often. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess it's a confession I had never seen or heard of half sizes at this age until it was mentioned around here... so, no.  She is now in a size 4, but she still has some growing in to them.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I buy the half sizes but usually their feet aren't the same size so you may be better off buying the full size. Like E just measured and 11.5 and a 12.5 so I had to buy the 12.5 obviously.
  • We have been only because DD is just started walking and I don't want her to trip over shoes that are too big. But I have also been buying 2 sizes at a time so I don't have to keep going back to the store. For example, we bought size 4.5 and size 5 on our
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• L started walking in September and I guessed at her size and bought 4.5. I got her measured properly last week and she still wears a 4.5. Those first shoes must have been too big but she learned to walk just fine so yeah, I'll probably just go whole sizes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"