Minnesota Babies

Recommend your Midwife or Doc at Abott Mother Baby Center

I live in Minneapolis and I'm trying to pick either an OBGYN or midwife who delivers at Abbott Mother Baby Center.  Would prefer a woman vs. a man. Any recommendations? How did you pick? Midwife or OBGYN? Thanks!!!!

Re: Recommend your Midwife or Doc at Abott Mother Baby Center

• Women's Health Consultants delivers at Abbott and they are wonderful.  All they doctors are female, I think they have about 10 physicians, no midwives.  I saw 5 different doctors throughout my pregnancy and loved every single one of them. Dr.Gibeau delivered DS and was great.  They have two clinic locations, one in downtown mpls and the other across the street from Abbott. I highly recommend any dr at this clinic.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used North Metro Midwives with my son and I absolutely loved them. They deliver at Abbott and Maple Grove, however their office is in Plymouth so that might not be ideal for you. If our insurance wouldn't have changed I would most definitely still be using them this time because I was so impressed with the care I received.
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Loading the player...
  • I also went through North Metro Midwives and enjoyed my experience with them overall.  I had picked them based on other positive feedback I had seen from other women.
  • As long as you are not highrisk, I would suggest using a midwife. I really loved mine through Health Partners. I never felt rushed at appointments and she was very knowledgeable. I ended up going past my due date and finally needing induction. The midwife group was really great at making the induction as easy and as slowly progressing as possible. I still swear that I would have had a csection if not for their encouragement!
  • Associates in women's Health delivers at Abbott.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love my Dr.  I go to John A Haugen Associates, and one of their offices is in Downtown Minneapolis.  Not a long wait time, very responsive with calls.  So far so good. My Dr. is Sarah Schmitz (https://www.haugenobgyn.com/our_doctors.aspx?id=10). She will be delivering my first and she delivered my friend's baby 6 years ago.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Katherine Simon at North Metro Midwives is fabulous! She delivered 2 of my three kids (she was on maternity leave herself when I had my first)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"