High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Twice a week fetal monitoring, plus regular check ups

In 8 days I start fetal monitoring twice a week, plus I will have to attend a regular check up each week, too. So, I will be going to my OB's 3x's a week until Connor is born (I will be induced during week 39 if he doesn't come naturally by then). I am getting very stressed about this because I have heard the monitoring can last anywhere from 30 mins all the way up to 4 or 5 hours, depending on how the baby behaves during the monitoring. I am very lucky to not be working at this time, and to have 2 family members plus my fiance who are always willing and ready to take me to and from each appointment (for support and company if they turn into hours-long appts).

I guess this is just a vent post, really...

Re: Twice a week fetal monitoring, plus regular check ups

• Options
    I understand. I started this week. I am glad my schedule is open because I feel like I'm running out of time! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i did the same thing with my last pregnancy and i LOVED it! getting to lay around and just relax and hear the baby's heartbeat and movement, i was in heaven! it was the single good thing about being high risk, i felt very lucky :) just embrace it, enjoy i
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started weekly visits with my perinatologist and biweekly visits with my regular OB. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like having to go more often :. I don't have family close by and my DH only has an occasional Wednesday and Sundays off.
    Married my best friend 06/2005 DD 06/2011 ID Twin Girls EDD 05/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry if I am out of the loop and you've posted before but I was wondering why you have to go so much? I am on bed rest for a prolapsed uterus and while my dr said I would be seeing her a lot, I am not sure what that means yet.
  • Options

I haven't had a NST & fluid check take more than an hour and LO has started sleeping through them (thus has to be woken up via the buzzer or DD blowing raspberries on my belly) and I'm doing them twice a week.

I will say towards the end

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options

I am currently 29 weeks and when I hit 32 weeks I also have to have fetal monitoring, but only once a week. Just wondering if you ladies also had to have lots of ultrasounds?? I have had to have one once a month since I was about 18 weeks. Worries me b

• Options
    Hey there - chin up!  I had weekly appointments from 33 weeks on, with NST on Tuesdays and appt, including BPP on Fridays from cerclage removal onward. Several of them did take hours - but at that point my blood pressure was too high and I was beginn

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    imageashgrin:

I am currently 29 weeks and when I hit 32 weeks I also have to have fetal monitoring, but only once a week. Just wond

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"