Food & Nutrition

Suggestions for steamed spinach?

Hi all! I am new to trying spinach...never liked it in the past due to weird texture issues. But, I have decided to man-up and get over it, so I bought a huge Costco size container of fresh spinach, but ended up having to head out of town before I could use it fresh. So i steamed it and froze it.  Now what can I do with it? I would prefer to " hide" it in other foods at first  to get used to it, any suggestions? Maybe chop it up and hide it in meat loaf or something?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suggestions for steamed spinach?

• You can really use it in any recipe that calls for frozen spinach - just defrost and squeeze out the excess moisture.

There's a post a little down about spinach with some ideas, you can use it in much the same way.

You can certainly use it

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What about add it to quiche; a hot dip; greek pizza; we love monster smoothies (spinach, peanut butter, honey, strawberries, and bananas); Stuffed chicken breasts

<a href="https://www.cookincanuck.com/2013/03/stuffed-chicken-breasts-recipe-with-go

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! You mentioned pasta so I am going to add some to the veggie/sausage pasta bake I am making for dinner and hopefully it blends in! I will look up some recipes for your other suggestions and hopefully we can eat it often!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"