Baby Showers

Baby greet?

Since this is my first, I am really unfamiliar with showers, and such.

I know that no one is hosting a shower for me...but I would like to do something. (I would really like to throw a "fluck you party" to my sucky family...just to let them know how crappy they are. My family has had a poor response to the gender of the baby...it's been really hurtful and heartbreaking. We aren't upset though! Over the moon happy!)

But, I have heard of the "baby greet" type parties, I think?

When do couples typically throw those? I would assume a month or two after the birth...I just am curious because I would like to plan something.

Help! Thanks!

EDIT:: This is not to cause MUD or drama...I am not "expecting" anyone to throw us a shower, or expecting gifts, or upset over anything like that, the "fluck you party" was a jab at my family for not being a part of the baby...I just want to celebrate the baby, and would like to do something since we aren't having a shower. If that makes sense.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby greet?

• Yikes......this is not gonna go well.

Also IMHO this may be seen as MUD.....soooo beware.

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    j J
  • It sucks that your family has gender disappointment.

MTB are typically held at least 6-8 weeks after birth.  If you don't want to pass the baby around because of germs, I'd suggest wearing the baby during the party or tell everyone they have to wash their hands before they can hold him/her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Why would this not go over well? It's a simple "When do couples typically throw a "meet the baby" party?

Pregnancy Ticker

• image526SadieSadie:

It sucks that your family has gender disappointment.

MTB are typically held at least 6-8 weeks after birth.  If you don't want to pass the baby around because of germs, I'd suggest wearing the baby during the party or tell everyone they have to wash their hands before they can hold him/her. 

Alright...I just wasn't sure about the timing of something like that. I didn't know if people typically do it pretty soon, or you can wait a few months. 

It's a simple "meet the baby" deal...we are excited to celebrate baby!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Saw it a different way...I see your point.

But to answer your previous question....why have unappreciative family there to meet the baby they were disappointed about. If they can't be happy for you then hmph....

j J
  • imageBrianaSimons:

Saw it a different way...I see your point.

But to answer your previous question....why have unappreciative family there to meet the baby they were disappointed about. If they can't be happy for you then hmph....

So that friends/ coworkers/ family that want to be a part of it...can celebrate. If they aren't appreciative, that's their problem...but if they want to show up and celebrate how awesome baby is, then come party on!

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagedontgiveupnomatterwhat:
    Why would this not go over well? It's a simple "When do couples typically throw a "meet the baby" party?

You might have some backlash because you came across as a little bratty that no one is hosting a shower for you, not everyone gets a shower.  I chose to ignore that portion of your post and answer your question about timing of a MTB party. 

imageBrianaSimons:

Saw it a different way...I see your point.

So that friends/ coworkers/ family that want to be a part of it...can celebrate. If they aren't appreciative, that's their problem...but if they want to show up and celebrate how awesome baby is, then come party on!

That's just an aboslute shame though. I'm sorry your family is being like that. All babies are a reason to be happy and wish well for the future parents.

j J
  • image526SadieSadie:

imagedontgiveupnomatterwhat:
    Why would this not go over well? It's a simple "When do couples typically throw a "meet the baby" party?

You might have some backlash because you came across as a little bratty that no one is hosting a shower for you, not everyone gets a shower.  I chose to ignore that portion of your post and answer your question about timing of a MTB party. 

Understood. I edited to make it clear I'm not being bratty about it. Thanks for the heads up.

Pregnancy Ticker

• image526SadieSadie:

yea....the 'fluck you party' is why is said that....lol Though it was funny

j J
  • Oh look my fan! She's always here to spew out love.....ctfuWink
    j J
  • imageBliss+Berry:

Ignore the village idiot. Her reading comprehension skills are limited, at best.  I'm sorry your family is disappointed about the sex of your baby.  It's a shame they can't share in your joy.  I would say a "Meet the Baby" party is best thrown when you are ready, being that you will be the one to throw it.  I think 6-8 weeks is appropriate.  

Well Bliss, if you didn't have a snarky comment to throw at me for the post being bad, then I know I came across clear. Hehehe.

Perfect. 6 to 8 weeks...thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker

image526SadieSadie:

Understood. I edited to make it clear I'm not being bratty about it. Thanks for the heads up.

Wink

on the scale of 1 to "holy crapola, what a brat!!" I didn't rate you very high, which is why I didn't give you a whole bunch of snark in my first reply.  It's really unfortunate that your family isn't excited about your baby.  I had a cousin text me once a week until I announced I was having a girl.  She has the only boy in the family and I guess another baby girl (the 10th in our kids' generation) bummed her out.  What. Ev.

• image526SadieSadie:
    image526SadieSadie:

Wink

on the scale of 1 to "holy crapola, what a brat!!" I didn't rate you very high, which is why I didn't give you a whole bunch of snark in my first reply.  It's really unfortunate that your family isn't excited about your baby.  I had a cousin text me once a week until I announced I was having a girl.  She has the only boy in the family and I guess another baby girl (the 10th in our kids' generation) bummed her out.  What. Ev.

hahaha. So super ridiculous.

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageBliss+Berry:

Ignore the village idiot. Her reading comprehension skills are limited, at best.  I'm sorry your family is disappointed about the sex of your baby.  It's a shame they can't share in your joy.  I would say a "Meet the Baby" party is best thrown when you are ready, being that you will be the one to throw it.  I think 6-8 weeks is appropriate.  

Ditto ALL of this...including the "village idiot" part.

OP, sorry your family sucks.  For my own morbid curiosity, is it a penis or a vagina that has upset your family so much?

• imageCranang:
    imageBliss+Berry:

Ditto ALL of this...including the "village idiot" part.

OP, sorry your family sucks.  For my own morbid curiosity, is it a penis or a vagina that has upset your family so much?

It's a penis...the best penis I have ever seen. Hahaha. 

EDIT:: I say that in the least disgusting way...before I get ripped apart for that. I just mean excited about the boy!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congratulations on the baby boy!!! 

I never can figure out why anyone would be upset over the genitalia of a baby!  I mean, I might be bummed if I had like seven girls in a row...I wouldn't be mad at the seventh, but I'd be sad that I never got to experience a boy. (Though, I'm not concerned about this...I'd never keep having kids just to get the opposite sex--two and done here. LOL) Still I wouldn't be upset that she was a girl!  People are flucked up.

• I would do it at 8 to 10 weeks. But I could not sit down right for 6 weeks and I had a lot of PPA so take my advice for what it is worth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"