Baby Showers

Registered out of town

I live in a rural area and the closest place that I wanted to register (Buy Buy Baby) is an hour away. My only in town option was Wal-Mart.  Both Babies R Us and Target are also an hour away.

My mother called me this weekend and asked about people buying gifts online from the registry and whether they would be shipped to me or to the buyer so they can bring it to the shower.  I told her that I assumed it would be shipped to me as that's how the registries worked for my wedding last year.  She seemed upset that people will have to drive an hour to shop and have to pay for shipping.

Are there ANY online registries that ship somewhere other than the intended recipient's house? I told her that I can bring the boxes (unopened) to the shower and open them there.  She still seemed annoyed, so I gave her my registry password and told her to go find something comparable and then just delete it from my registry. That way she can buy it where she wants, use her Amazon Prime free shipping or whatever, and it won't be shipped to me.

Do other people make a big hassle out of where you have registered?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
Third Son - due June 9, 2018

Re: Registered out of town

• Hmm... maybe my mom didn't go far enough into the process to get to that option before she backed out and called me.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • imageMandJS:
    So here's the thing. If I were in your shoes, I'd register at WalMart so that there IS a local option for people. But that said. If it's not convenient, people may just opt to buy something not on the registry. I don't think it's a huge deal either way, though.
    I have no specific problem with Wal-Mart, except that I've shopped at our local one for other people's registries, and it's just not well stocked.  Usually there are only 10 items that you can actually buy in our local store and other than that you're stuck ordering online anyway.  That was a major reason I avoided it.

First Son - born 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemsspeedymarie:
    When I've purchased off registries before, I was always given then option to send directly to the receiver, or to have it sent to myself.

Right.  The buyer can have it shipped to you directly or they can have it shipped to themselves and then they can wrap it and bring it the shower.  You might also get some gifts from Walmart that are similar to what was on your registry, if you have people like your mom who are put out by you registering somewhere an hour away.  You can just return those gifts and go buy what you wanted, or keep them and delete them off your registry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 95% positive you can choose where you want a package shipped. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image526SadieSadie:
    I'm 95% positive you can choose where you want a package shipped. 

This.

Also, 526SadieSadie, will you please go post on our BMB so everyone can see that adorable pic in your siggy? What a doll! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"