Baby Showers

cringe-worthy facebook shower invite

One of my facebook friends is throwing her own baby shower with her DH (it's co-ed).  The invite is via facebook and everyone and anyone is welcome to come.  

They will provide a keg and food, but you can BYOB if you want.  You also have to bring diapers to get a glass for the keg "while it lasts".  

You need to bring your own lawn chairs so there will be enough seating.  Also, "Anyone else who would like to bring a gift is more than welcome, gifts can be wrapped or unwrapped."

The minute I saw this I cringed a bit and I thought of this board.  I'm assuming she didn't run this idea by you guys first, ha.

Re: cringe-worthy facebook shower invite

• Well if you're going do it wrong, you might as well go all-out tacky. Yuk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Super classy. I love the bring diapers for the glasses thing.

• Loading the player...
  • imageAAA024:
    Super classy. I love the bring diapers for the glasses thing.

Yes, I especially liked the "while it lasts" part.  Although, I'm sure the diapers will still be "welcome" even after the keg runs out. 

• oh, I won't be bringing diapers.  I don't need a glass; I will just stick to keg stands!

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • That's a very expensive keg cup.  Whatever happened to 5 bucks at college...or just free for girls, lol.
  • I'm almost speechless.  My favorite part:

"Anyone else who would like to bring a gift is more than welcome, gifts can be wrapped or unwrapped."  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really hope that all the people who think diaper raffles--or any party that requires a diaper for admission, booze, etc--, unwrapped gifts, hosting your own shower, etc etc are totally fine (because hey! If it makes you happy, why not?!?!) read this post.  
  • So in theory, you could take your own beverage and show up otherwise empty handed. Sounds like a great party to me. *eyeroll*

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMonkeybutt80:
    oh, I won't be bringing diapers. nbsp;I don't need a glass; I will just stick to keg stands!nbsp;

I'm a dirty lurker on this board but just HAD to respond to this. This made me laugh so hard iced tea almost came out of my nose! Thanks for the laugh!

OP, I seriously hope you're not attending. Klassy.
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • imageAsbromle:
    That's a very expensive keg cup.  Whatever happened to 5 bucks at college...or just free for girls, lol.

I was thinking that, too. What are we, in college again? Freaking weirdos. Grow up! I also can't stand the FB shower invitations. Someone posted about that last week. Invite as many "friends" as you can to increase the likelyhood that you will get more gifts. SMH

• LOL @ "gift can be wrapped or  unwrapped"   WTF
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • image10Nessie:

imageAAA024:
    Super classy. I love the bring diapers for the glasses thing.

Yes, I especially liked the "while it lasts" part.  Although, I'm sure the diapers will still be "welcome" even after the keg runs out. 

The trick is: They only have two glasses for the keg!  Bazinga!  Loads of free diapers!  LOL

• Yup, just threw up in my mouth...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am dying right now. I want to attend just to see the look on the parents to be when the condoms are handed to them. So hilarious. Makes think about all the inappropriate books I can bring to a shower that requests them instead of cards.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"