Baby Showers

Shower TY notes for coworkers

My coworkers threw me a surprise gtg - not really a shower per se, but they did give me a gift card that they all contributed to. I'm having a really hard time writing individual shower cards (we don't have a common area, so I can't really do a group TY card). Any suggestions to make each card a little different? Or should I not really care that they are pretty similar?

Re: Shower TY notes for coworkers

• If it were me I would just use a bunch of variations of similar thank yous

"I really appreciated seeing you at the get together, blah blah blah. Thank you so much for the giftcard for ______. I can't wait to use it to get ____ for baby"

"It was great getting to spend some time together at the get together. I really appreciate the giftcard..."

Don't use the exact above, I just threw them together super quick but that's the general idea. Same thing/idea, just different words.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• I would just make them the same.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • If I was your coworker, an email or verbal thank you would suffice.

I've never received a hand written thank you from a baby shower gift, and only 3 thank yous from weddings.

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    If I was your coworker, an email or verbal thank you would suffice. I've never received a hand written thank you from a baby shower gift, and only 3 thank yous from weddings.

Wow, that's crazy.

Thanks ladies, I'll probably just make them really similar. I doubt they will be comparing notes or anything. It's just hard to write it for a Visa gc for some reason, lol. 

• imageMrsWindyCity:

imageRussianMommy:
    If I was your coworker, an email or verbal thank you would suffice. I've never received a hand written thank you from a baby shower gift, and only 3 thank yous from weddings.

Wow, that's crazy.

Thanks ladies, I'll probably just make them really similar. I doubt they will be comparing notes or anything. It's just hard to write it for a Visa gc for some reason, lol. 

It is hard to write a thank you for a GC or cash. I usually just write "thank you for thinking of us/me" and sometimes I will include what I purchased with it. So for you I might say something like "i used it to purchase a stroller which we will really enjoy using on walks." or something like that.   

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • * "It'll come in handy for those late night runs to the store"
    * "It'll come in handy when we buy the (blank)"
    * "It'll come in handy when we order pizza during those first couple of weeks"
    * "It'll come in handy when we need to stock up on diapers"

etc
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • If it's just a handful of people in the office, I'd be inclined to write individual cards more or less saying the same thing, but if it's a bigger group, I'd say get a cookie tray or some other tasty treats and attach one thank you card for the office and leave it in the common/break room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"