please pray for my baby.....he has displastic kidneys — The Bump
Special Needs

please pray for my baby.....he has displastic kidneys

My precious Cody entered our lives a tad early,two and a half months early due to the complication with the amniotic fluid dissipating. I had a emergency C-section when he was 30 weeks old. It was discovered that Cody is suffering from displastic kidneys. Which means his kidney stopped growing at 7 months. He was born October 24th at 3lbs 7 oz. The Dr. had told us that he may only live a few hours or maybe a couple of days. We are soooo blessed because Cody is now 18 days old and is gaining weight each day and doing so good. He's now 3lbs 11oz. and just started nursing off of me today. His toxin levels are going down which is really good. They did say that he is a mericle baby but he will need a kidney transplant when he's about 3 years old because his body will our grow his kidney and he will die. Cody is a fighter and we pray he will continue the fight. Please pray for my baby boy that his toxin levels will continue to drop and his kidney will heal. Thank you.

Re: please pray for my baby.....he has displastic kidneys

• I am so, so sorry to hear what you are going through.  I can only begin to imagine how difficult and trying this must be for you and your DH.  When we had our NT scan on Monday and the US tech noticed this enlarged bladder I just got a glimpse of the agony you must be feeling.  We are in our own private hell of uncertainty and waiting, but I can't even begin to sympathize with you.  I would love to hear about Cody's progress.  You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • I'll definitely keep him in my prayers!  He's beautiful!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We will keep Cody and your family in our prayers. He is truly a handsome fighter.

I'm not sure if anyone here has a child with displastic kidneys, but you may want to try cafemom they have lots of support groups...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28384

• I?m so sorry your family is going through this.  Your baby will be in my prayers.  Stay strong little Cody (and mama too)! 
  • Look at that sweet, sweet baby!  Sending prayers your way!  Stay strong, Cody!  You've got a great mom!

• I hope everything goes well with you and your family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards