St. Louis Babies
Options

Daycare Recommendations (Please!)

My husband and I are expecting our first child in September and will need full-time care starting around mid-November. It's looking like in-home providers (their home, not ours) are probably our only viable option but we don't know how to even begin finding people or recommendations (we don't know many people around where we live or work). We live in U-City, so somewhere in or near the area would be first choice, but I work in St. Peters so out there would work too. If anyone can lend a little help/expertise, it would be much appreciated!

Re: Daycare Recommendations (Please!)

• Options
    I am due in june and i went to my church and they had a list of in home babysitters that i could call. That is how i found the one i want to use. Also i know it sounds crazy but on craigslist there is a childcare choice and you can always set up interviews and go see them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are many people who swear by care.com, but it costs money to join. I had issues hearing back from people on it and wound up going with a center for the added accountability since we didn't find a perfect fit for inhome.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We found our in home daycare provider through our parents as teachers representative.  Maybe check with your church or ask other parents you know who they recommend.  Sometimes if their providers are full they may know of other people to refer you to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I take my son and soon to be child to Great Beginnings in Cottleville/ St. Peters and he has been there for three years. They are very reasonable and had video to wake your child. I know the head of detectives in Cottleville takes his daughter there because of how wonderful they are and it is comforting to know he is with a few blocks if anything were to happen. I have never had an issue and all the teachers are well educated and wonderful to talk to.

Roxanne Mother of two, soon to be three! BabyFetus Ticker
    image < br > Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers < br > Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am a former daycare teacher at the elegant child in wildwood Missouri. It's off of Clayton road and strecker. Check out elegantchildcampus.com ....my boyfriends family owns the school. They are the number one daycare in st.louis, they're also one of the very few schools in stl that is accredited which is very important. They have infant all the way kindergarten. Feel free to call (636) 458-4414 Debbie Rowland is the owner and is also my sons nana! She's the sweetest lady on earth and there are 4 or 5 infant rooms so there's plenty of room all year long!!  

• Options
    I'm also looking for child care for my one month old daughter beginning the end of October. We live in U City also and was curious what you found. We only need care 2 days/week and are considering a nanny because some daycare centers either don't do part time care or are just as expensive as a nanny for only 2 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"