Pre-School and Daycare

Asthma/RAD moms...meds

I am in need of your experience....

DS was diagnosed with RAD at 17 months and then asthma shortly there after. Since that time, he has been using flovent 2 puffs/2x daily as his controller med and then ventolin for flares/illness.

Last week the pulmonologist changed him to singular. Weekend he started a slight cough. Yesterday, we were in the ER since we made it through the entire action plan and no improvement. My take is that he switched meds (seems abrupt to me to switch cold turkey but I could be wrong??), got a bug and his new med wasn't in place long enough to do it's controller job.

They pumped him full of albuterol via neb for 1 hr and gave him a few days course of prednisone and was a new kid. We need to see the pulmonologist next week for follow up. I suspect (as did the ER doc) that he needs to return to his former regimen.

I had some concerns about singular for the first few days as well and phoned the nurse. He was very foggy, bad sleep and really not "with it".

I guess if your child takes singular, any side effects and how was the transition? Any advice or suggestions for questions to the doc next week?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Asthma/RAD moms...meds

• My son takes Singular and it has been really helpful. He was not on a daily inhaler before but at the start of Fall they put him on the Singular. He takes one pill at night and it has been great. He did not have those side effects.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"