Health & Exercise

Orange Theory Fitness?

Has anyone been doing Orange Theory Fitness while pregnant?  It's a combination of cardio and strength training, while monitoring your heart rate.  The goal is to be at 84%+ of your maximum heart rate for 12-20 minutes of the 1 hour class.

I was doing it 3-4 times/week for 6 weeks, and just found out I'm pregnant.   The owner said they have pregnancy modifications, but I'm not convinced.  My doctor's appt isn't for a few weeks....

I'm considering continuing the workout, just easing up?  Any thoughts as to if this is safe?

Re: Orange Theory Fitness?

• For people who were already in a fitness routine prior to becoming pregnant its usually ok to keep doing it; but reduce it by half and listen to your body. Under no circumstances, should you become over heated or over exert yourself (Avoid working out in hot weather) When you see the doctor; tell her about the specifics of your exercise routine. It is also recommended that you reduce your level of exercise as you will become tired easier. Heck, the first trimester can be hard so its possible that you won't feel like it at some point. As far as the modified preg work out this company has, I don't know. Is it modified by a doctor? Personal Trainers aren't really qualified to modify a work out for pregnancy.
    Forgiveness sets YOU free!
  • mgm84mgm84 member
    You want to maintain the same level as much as possible to maximize the benefits of exercise while pregnant (e.g. reduced labor lengths and pain, improved health, easier time losing weight, etc.).  Of course, do not let yourself get dehydrated, let your body temp get too high, and if you feel tired, don't push yourself.  Ignore the outdated ideas that your heart rate should not go above 140, and if you want to, do some research (there are some great books and research studies out there).  I am sure you are fine!

Lilypie - (eoyh)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"