Birth Stories
Options

My last 2 births very different from each other

Well my birth story for baby #1 goes like this :

For my first pregnancy and birth .... i had started dating my long time friend of now 21 years.... we had known each other since we were 3 and 4 years old... he is 11 months older then i am.... so any ways we had started dating May 21st of 2008... we had only been dating for 5 months at this point when i had found out that i was pregnant for our first child....i was happy because he wasn't just any guy..... we were soo excited and in shock at the same time.... my pregnancy went very well i worked pretty much my whole pregnancy... i took my mat leave 2 weeks b4 i had my daughter.... but for thinking when i was in labour i have had 5 false labours before the real thing lol...... it was my first i didnt know what to expect so you know how it goes lol..... but the day that i finally hit labour day.... i was fine for the most part of the day... tried to take a nap on the couch because i was tired ( at this time i was at my parents because my husband worked graveyards and slept through out most of the day and i knew i wasn't far and didn't want to be alone) so anyways im laying down and my hips start to hurt very badly and i tried to rest through it.... till i had enough and i went outside in the back where my dad was sitting with his buddy and i was in tears at this time.... i had called my husband for the number to the hospital to call to see if i should go in after all the false labours .... they told me that i should cry for another 2 hours take a hot bath and suffer for about another 2 hours and i was like ahh ok.... but i am not going to take a bath im in too much pain for it at this point..... so now im calling my husband back and im bawling my eyes out soo bad at this point that my dad had to talk to him for me because i couldn't so he told steve to come pick me up and take me in ... so i get to the hospital and i am 4cms so they automatically admit me in to the hospital.... so finally we have a chance to get my husband to call my mom to be there because i wanted her there.... she finally shows up ... my contractions progressing... i was soo sick during the labour..... about 11:30 pm my water finally breaks makes a huge mess and then they ship me off to delivery room.... no sooner after we get there i am pushing my baby out for about 20 minutes.... come 11:52 pm my first daughter  Zara Daniella Ouimette was born june 24th 2009, 7 pounds 14 ounces just beautiful all natural birth no drugs  and a total of 5 and a half hours ..... i cried and just couldn't believe that my husband and i had made such a beautiful baby gurl .... but when i pushed i ended up also giving birth to an unwanted hemroid.... so when we finally got to go home i gave Zara a bath got her dressed and put her in the stroller to test drive it with her and took a 20 min walk to my parents place to show her off to my dad and my brothers and every one else of course ...... at this point im really sore i couldn't stand , sit, lay down, was bent forward because of the hemroid i had and the 4 stitches i had gotten due to the OB tearing me when she was helping her head out..... but exactly 12 hours later i was back in emerg getting this hemroid ( if you put your index finer in the crease of your thumb that's how big it was) cut open to release the clot it was horrible... hope i never have to endure that again.... because that was the worst ever when your left with no bum and scared to poop...:s

Labour and birth for baby #2:

For my second pregnancy which also went very well i had decided to go with a midwife instead of a OB this time...... i loved the midwife soo much better and they make your appointments about you and not trying to rush you out of the room..... but i had decided to do a home water birth for my 2nd child's birth.... i found it a lot more relaxing .... definatly wasn't as sick as i was the first time ..... the water is more relaxing and the warm water helps to sooth the pain of contractions...... better then sitting in a shower where the water is pretty well limited to one spot at a time.....  but anyways ..... i liked that with a midwife i was able to have as many people here as i wanted for the birth.... but i had gone into labour the same day she has done the stretch and sweep.... and as labour picked up i called my midwife got the hubby to call into work to let them know that he was not gonna be making it in.... and i got the midwife to break my water to make it speed up a bit so 3 and a half hours later time was 9:23 pm when my second daughter Kalilah Valerie Ouimette was born on December 8th 2010, 6 pounds 11 ounces natural birth no drugs once again.... very beautiful... have the video to her birth.... and was soo nice not to have a hemroid  this time i was able to get up and go right away it was as if i never had a baby .... it was the best experience  ever having a home water birth...... Zara fell in love with her when she first met her... she  was scared at first then started giving her kisses :) and they r best friends now :)

So then on September 29th 2012 my husband and i got married we had both our daughters in the wedding Zara was our ring barror and Kalilah was our flower girl... and now we r working on baby #3 we are due August 20th 2013 and both Zara and Kalilah get to be big sisters again :) cant wait to meet the new lil bundle of joy and i cant wait to see how they react to meeting their new baby brother or sister :)<3  our happy family! Soo far this pregnancy is going well as well and going to be doing a home water birth again once again drug free because  i have done it twice i can do it again :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My last 2 births very different from each other

• Options

Long but really worth reading! I loved your stories, it's so nice to see the contrast between the first and second, obviously because on the first you didn't know what to expect :) congrats on both girls and the new baby! 

Did you plan a natural med-free birth for your #1 from the beginning or did it just go like this? I'm FTM, planning on going med-free but I was just curious. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    imagesandraynic:

Long but really worth reading! I loved your stories, it's so nice to see the contrast between the first and second, obviously because on the first you didn't know what to expect :) congrats on both girls and the new baby! 

Did you plan a natural med-free birth for your #1 from the beginning or did it just go like this? I'm FTM, planning on going med-free but I was just curious. 

yes mam planned on having a natural birth cuz i thought it would be a better experience :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKateRN08:
    imagebabygurlstevo:
    imageKateRN08:
    imagebabygurlstevo:
    imagesandraynic:

yes mam planned on having a natural birth cuz i thought it would be a better experience then being drugged and another reason for this is because when my mother in law was in labour for my husband she had gotten the epidural and when they had poked her she they had went too far in a poked him so when he came out he had the cord around his neck and was black and blue when he was born also due to the epidural they gave his mom...... so i thought it would be better to have my child come in drug free and concious :) and i dont want that needle in my back lol trust me i aint affraid of needles i have a couple tattoos myself but id deffinately flinch...... and doing them all natural was a great experience.... i am doing home water birth for the 3rd as well cuz i liked it soo much better :) and thank u :) 

Um no, they did not go to far and "poke" your DH with the epidural. This isn't even possible. Having the cord around the neck has nothing to do with drugs as well. My baby already has a cord around the neck (known via ultrasound) and I can assure you I have not had any drugs yet.  

y do u have to be soo rude about it .... and honestly thats wut the nurse told her after she had him that they did end up poking him .... she was probably carrying more in the back...... so i dont understand y ppl fight about something they dont noe.... she has told me this  herself..... so .... and accidents do happen...and i never said him having the cord around his neck had anything to do with the drugs.....  

Because its not anatomically possible.
    This.  Good grief, the nurse must not have actually had any schooling.  There is no possible way for any of that to happen.  
  • Options
    imagehogrefea:
    imageKateRN08:
    imagebabygurlstevo:
    imageKateRN08:
    imagebabygurlstevo:
    imagesandraynic:

yes mam planned on having a natural birth cuz i thought it would be a better experience then being drugged and another reason for this is because when my mother in law was in labour for my husband she had gotten the epidural and when they had poked her she they had went too far in a poked him so when he came out he had the cord around his neck and was black and blue when he was born also due to the epidural they gave his mom...... so i thought it would be better to have my child come in drug free and concious :) and i dont want that needle in my back lol trust me i aint affraid of needles i have a couple tattoos myself but id deffinately flinch...... and doing them all natural was a great experience.... i am doing home water birth for the 3rd as well cuz i liked it soo much better :) and thank u :) 

Um no, they did not go to far and "poke" your DH with the epidural. This isn't even possible. Having the cord around the neck has nothing to do with drugs as well. My baby already has a cord around the neck (known via ultrasound) and I can assure you I have not had any drugs yet.  

y do u have to be soo rude about it .... and honestly thats wut the nurse told her after she had him that they did end up poking him .... she was probably carrying more in the back...... so i dont understand y ppl fight about something they dont noe.... she has told me this  herself..... so .... and accidents do happen...and i never said him having the cord around his neck had anything to do with the drugs.....  

Because its not anatomically possible.
    This.  Good grief, the nurse must not have actually had any schooling.  There is no possible way for any of that to happen.  

Agreed. This doesn't even make sense.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"