March 2013 Moms

March 2nd turned Feb 28th baby is here !!! (long birth story with pic)

Cant believe he is here !!!  

I went to the MW on Wed the 27th for a membrane sweep at which time I was 4 cm 90%.  She said I would have the baby by nighttime, I didnt believe her. I hadnt had any cx at this point.  She told me to go home and walk for 30 min and then lay down. I did.  When I woke from my nap I had some bloody mucus and cramps and called them back to ask what that was all about.  They said it was normal, monitor the cramps and call them back if they became regular.  I soon realized these were contractions but they never got regular and were not consistent.  I called my DH and by the time he got home the blood was bright red and the cramps were so strong I couldn't walk.  Still being a dumb FTM we called the office back and at which point they said go to the hospital.  I wasn't sure they would keep me since I have read of so many false alarms. The 15 min trip to the hospital was pretty much a hell ride. When we got there a security guard got me in wheelchair but I still felt the need to walk even though I really couldnt.  When we got to L/D I told the lady I thought I was in labor but wasnt sure if they would keep me ..  she laughed and I said I wasnt going anywhere ..  Guess the look on my face gave it away.

I had fully planned to go natural but knew all along I was going in with a very open mind and most importantly all I wanted was my baby to get here safe and sound.  Thy gave me a room with a tub ( i never made it there ) .. The most comfortable position I could get in was on the toilet leaned back.  I even asked if I could have him there...  Got a big fat no on that one.  I went from there to a rocking chair, excercise ball and finally hands and knees on the bed.  I went to a 7 pretty quick but still not 100%..  I was actually in a really good breathing pattern but the CX were so strong and intense that I was falling asleep in between.  I stayed a 7 for several hours at which point the MW asked if I was sure I didnt want the epidural and If not she was going to break the water.  I thought about it hard knowing that the CX would get worse after she did that and thinking about how exhausted I already was I honestly didnt know if I could make it through the delivery.  I made the decision to get the epi which didnt come for another 45 min.  When I got it, the pain immediately went from cramps to butt pain.  I felt like I needed to poop so bad.  This lasted for almost 2 hours at which point they checked me again and I was a 10 and completely effaced.  Thy called the MW which had gone to the hospital nextdoor to deliver another patient.  Long story short ..  I was ready to push for an hour before they let me and the epi wore the piss off.   This was the worst part.  waiting to push, my body knew it was time, the pain completely came back and I couldnt do anything about it.  So now I was aving contractions and stuck in the bed which is what I was trying to avoid the whole time ...  

The MW came in an hour later and we got started ( i was ticked )..  the pain was almost unbearable at this point.  The butt pain was gone and the cramps in the front were back full force.  I pushed for 45 min.  She had me decide when to push based on how the cx felt.. I could get 3 pushes out with each one.  After about 30 min she cut me because his head would not fit....then I ripped the rest of the way to my rectum...   the pain came when I got home ..   FINALLY his head came out and the pain immediately went away.  She pulled him out and put him on my chest.   I looked at DH and said "Baby, this is our baby" I was in complete shock and in awe of this baby laying on me.  They transitioned him in the room while I was getting sewn up.  This took what seemed like an eternity and Im not sure I was even awake the whole time.  There was such a release of tension in my body I couldnt stay awake. Even though this was happening i was already completely in love ready to see my baby.

After almost 5 years of IF and treatments and a loss, I think up until the moment I had him I was still in a little disbelief I was even pregnant.  He is our miracle and I love him like I never thought I could.  A long time ago a friend told me that when you have a baby its like you grow another heart.  I get it now.  He totally has my heart.

Nolan Angelo - 8lbs 13oz - 22 inches 

5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
            8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
Happily expecting another miracle !
 EDD 11/20

Re: March 2nd turned Feb 28th baby is here !!! (long birth story with pic)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"