2nd Trimester

Bacterial Vaginosis

(Repost from 1st Trimester) 

Anyone ever been diagnosed with this??

I was just treated for this a couple weeks ago, because I was having tons of vaginal discharge. They swabbed it, and it came back positive for bacterial vaginosis. Finished the antibiotic and then a few days later the discharge came back. Went back into the clinic today, and sure enough it had came back positive again for the bacterial vaginosis. I'm just glad I'm getting treated for it early enough, because I was told that if left untreated for an extended time, miscarriage can occur.

Just so frustrated right now....

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Bacterial Vaginosis

• I was diagnosed with this last week as well as a yeast infection.  I think its pretty common...and yes can cause miscarriage, etc but I read something that said up to 70% of pregnant women can have it (and not know it), so obviously it is soo common and not everyone is miscarrying.  Its good you are getting treatment for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had it with DD1, no symptoms at all, and I suspected that I had it this time but before I could see a doc all symptoms cleared and other urine tests have come back clear. If you know about it get it treated, but you'll likely be safe. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had it on and off throughout this pregnancy, too. It's frustrating but it is quite common. It's good that you're being treated. Hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got this a lot before I got pregnant. Make sure they treat your husband with antibiotic as well, He kept re infecting me was what it turned out to be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and have bacterial vaginosis. I got tested for it early in my pregnancy and it got cured. I went back two weeks ago and got it again. It is very frustrating because the medication they give you to insert is disguisting. But it does not cause miscarriage only premmature birth in some cases so don't stress about that. Its very aggravating that you are so prone to yeast infections and these things in pregnancy so we have to be extra careful. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"