recommendations needed for gaithersburg, rockville area! — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

recommendations needed for gaithersburg, rockville area!

Hey guys!  

I am looking for some class recommendations in the Gaithersburg, MD area!   I am looking into birth classes, breastfeeding classes and prenatal fitness classes.

Any good classes out there that do a good job giving you overall lessons for new moms and dads? 

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks ahead of time for recommendations!

Inessa

Re: recommendations needed for gaithersburg, rockville area!

• I would see if your insurance provider hosts classes. Check with your OB-GYN.
  • My friend recommend not to take classes through the shady grove hospital.. They didn't like the instructor.  I assume we can request a different one. I got a list from our OBGYN, but I was looking more for personal stories and experiences. Anyways, I guess I am on my own with finding these things. 

Thanks!

• Yoga Bliss Studios in the Kentlands has a great prenatal yoga class that I highly recommend.
    wells2010
  • I second Yoga Bliss. They do a Mommy and Me class that I used to go to occasionally before my kiddo started crawling all over the place! MoCo Parks and Rec does prenatal yoga classes too. I looked into one in Gaithersburg, but at the time I had a schedule conflict with work. 

I didn't do any classes at Shady Grove before birth, but I found the lactation consultants there to be very helpful, both shortly after the birth of my daughter while in the hospital and afterwards during their free breastfeeding support group.

During the tour at Shady Grove, the woman was also very helpful and shared with us good pointers about the birth, including things to bring/not to bring, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards