Which doctor to chose from PennMedicine? — The Bump
Philadelphia Babies

Which doctor to chose from PennMedicine?

Hi, I am trying to chose a doctor from PennMedicine for check ups and really have no idea. They all seem good. Can anyone help? 

They did say I will be seeing them in a rotating order, but I hope to talk to the doctor, as I had problems with my previous pregnancies, I think I am considered high risk. So seeing a new doctor each time is not a good idea.

Thank you!  

Re: Which doctor to chose from PennMedicine?

• I go to Dr. Timothy Shawl. He is a straight shooter, which I love. His office is on 9th and Spruce. Parking sucks, but he and all of the practice partners are great.

Good Luck!!

• imageRedheadBaker:
    I was high-risk too, and saw Dr. Samuel Parry at HUP. He was the one who ended up delivering my baby. I really liked him. 

Yaay! Thats the doctor I chose today :) Thanks!  

• Loading the player...
  • imageThea06:

I go to Dr. Timothy Shawl. He is a straight shooter, which I love. His office is on 9th and Spruce. Parking sucks, but he and all of the practice partners are great.

Good Luck!!

Thank you! I was considering him too, but ended up scheduling an appointment with Dr. Samuel Parry :) 

• imageRedheadBaker:
    I was high-risk too, and saw Dr. Samuel Parry at HUP. He was the one who ended up delivering my baby. I really liked him. 

By the way, since you were high risk, were you able to see the same doctor all the time?  

• imageRedheadBaker:
    imageMeerim:

imageRedheadBaker:

By the way, since you were high risk, were you able to see the same doctor all the time?  

I had an initial appointment at MFM, met with a resident first, then Dr. Parry joined in. After that, I had my regular appointments with an OB. I went to MFM for my anatomy scan, growth ultrasounds (was diagnosed with IUGR), and twice-weekly NSTs in the third tri.  

I met with Dr. Parry briefly after each growth ultrasound, but that was it. It could vary, though, depending on the reason why you are high-risk. For me, it was a past clot history.  

Thanks, I guess I will just have to talk to the doctor and see what are the possibilities. But I am having a problem setting up an appointment with him. Called on Friday and today, they say I have to talk to the nurse because I am a first time patient. She doesn't pick up and asks to leave a message, which I did for a second time, no call back. Is this ok? Does it take time for them to call back?

Sorry, I am not familiar with the way things work here.   

• I have seen most of the OBs at Radnor (All are also in Philly). My favorite is Dr. Beshara. He is more thorough than the others, and very attentive. He was voted best in Philly and was recommended by my internist who was also voted best in Philly.
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards