March 2013 Moms

My birth story FTM

My little Andrew was born on 2-24-13 at 0301am and is a tiny little man at 5lbs8oz and 19.5 inches long. He arrived at 38 weeks, I went into labor at 37 weeks 6 days. Well our Saturday started out like any other. We had lots of errands to run and had just gotten back home at about 3pm. I then started some house work and laundry. Well at 345pm I felt a gush of water and ran to the bathroom. I wasn't sure if I just lost bladder control or if my water broke. Scared and unsure I went and told my husband what had just happened. As we were deciding whether to go to hospital or not to get checked to see if it was my water or not, my water definitely started to really break. And for ladies who haven't experienced their water breaking, let me tell you it is A LOT of fluid. Freaking out we packed any last minute items, got the dogs together to drop off at my parents and I made myself a sandwich (knowing they wouldn't feed me at the hospital). We ended up getting to the hospital at about 545pm and was checked at 1-2cm and only 50% effaced. So they started pitocin to augment labor. It went incredibly fast from there and by 1130pm I was at 6-7cm dilated and got my epidural. My epidural wasn't 100%effective since my labor was progressing so fast. I was finally completely numb by the time it was to push at about 230am. The doctor got there at about 245am and after only a few good pushes, our little prince was born. I did get a 2nd degree tear and am still recovering. We had such an amazing experience and are so madly in love with our new son!! We are so happy and can't wait to see him grow :)

Re: My birth story FTM

• Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I second the water breaking being a LOT. My water broke at 11:30 pm, it's almost 3am. And it's still leaking. I feel like I have wet the bed about 20 times.
    Congrats on your baby boy!!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats to you and your family. Love the name Andrew btw. 
  • Hooray and thanks for sharing your story!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"