March 2013 Moms

Need some advice ASAP please

I am 36 weeks 2 days and I've felt LO move several times today. However, in the last couple hours I don't remember feeling her move. About an hour ago I had a small glass of Mountain Dew and then a short time after I realized I didn't remember the last time I felt her. I got up and got a big glass of ice cold water and have been laying on my left side for at least 15 min and haven't felt anything yet. Should I be worried yet or is there something else I can try to get her moving? Or should I go ahead and call the dr? It's past midnight here, my 2 year old is asleep and hubby has work in the morning. Of course I would rather be safe than sorry with LO but I hate to wake up everyone up for nothing and I'm blanking on what else I can try to get LO moving.

Re: Need some advice ASAP please

• If it would help ease your mind I would call whoever there is available to ask (urgent care, hospital, your doc if they're on call...not sure how it works there; I would call my hospital). Also, I would give it more than just 15 min. on your side. I keep reading about kick counts on here and that women are told there should be 10 kicks within a 2 hour time period. My delivering doctor gave me some info. about kick counts last week and said there should be 6 within a 2 hour time period. So, given that guideline, I can understand that it might take more than an hour to get any kicks, especially if LO is sleeping.

My LO has greatly reduced his movement over the last few days. He's still moving a fair amount but his movements have changed quite a bit (no more kicks etc...lots of rolling and stretching).

Is your LO usually active this late at night?

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"