Cloth Diapering

How many wipes?

The Wipes Q in the FAQ doesn't really offer a lot on this.  

How many cloth wipes do you think I'll need for my twins?  I am NOT crafty, so you can also rec a brand you like.  I have a bunch of OsoCozy's and a few GMD double sided wipes, but now that I've spread them out amongst my diaper bag, changing table, and 2 diaper changing baskets it's looking like maybe I should have more.  

How many do you keep in your diaper bag? 

TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How many wipes?

• I rarely use cloth wipes, so can't help with how many, but for poop I like OBV or just cheap baby wash cloths. They have better grip than flannel IMO.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I have 36 for one and it's perfect for us, we've NEVER run out. I'd go with 48-60 for your twins. Check out TurtlesRus on etsy! She makes great wipes and they're cheap! I got my 36 for $15. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you having a baby shower?!?

You will probably get a bunch of baby facecloths.  That's what we use and they're great.  If not, go to the dollar store or walmart and buy some.  We also use cut up receiving blankets.  I didn't even sew most of them around the edges.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 24 for part-time use and it seems to be enough .  Well, not right now because my LO is sick and having messy poops ALOT.  I would guess for twins you will need at least 48 or so.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • It all depends on how often you're going to wash. 

Every day or day and a half I'd say 36 would be enought

I have about 48 for one, but I'm lazy and didn't buy any of mine (extra wash rags and extra flannel my mom already had).  That and sometimes I go 3 days without washing, plus I leave a box full at daycare.

• I've never used cloth wipes before, but I bought some for this babe, I bought Eli's Wipees, they were so inexpensive and are so nice!! They are sherpa and cotton velour <3 (and I got to pic the colors!)

image image

• I'm not positive how many wipes I have, but I'm guessing around 30. I use baby wash cloths because I got tons at my baby shower. I also got a lot of disposable wipes at my shower so that's what I've been using in the diaper bag (not that we've left the house all that much, DD will be 4 weeks on Monday). We've yet to run out of wipes, we do laundry every 1.5-2 days. We also have disposable wipes at her change table for when my boyfriend changes her.
  • I found a pack of 24 wash cloths at Ross for 6 dollars. I would check it out. Super cheap!
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• My DD only gets rashes after using disposable wipes, so I make sure to have plenty around, and I just use a little spray bottle. I have cloth wipes, baby wash cloths, and cut up receiving blankets. All work well. The more the better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"