Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Need your advice

Regretfully I had to move to this board today. At 7 wks 2 days my hubby and I went in for a ultrasound today hoping to hear the heartbeat. I was already worried b/c I was bleeding, clotting and cramping. Our fears were confirmed today. No more gestational sac on the monitor. The doctor confirmed it, no sac only tissue.

So my 3 options:
1. let the process happen naturally
2. take pills thru vagina for contractions to help with process
3. d/c

I'm of the belief of always going natural. Any one else do that? If not what did you choose and why, and were you happy with your decision?

Thank you so much.
Heather

We can't wait to meet you, our baby surfer GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517

Re: Need your advice

• Options

I am very sorry for your loss. I have had two losses (the first one most likely ectopic, although I naturally miscarried), and an ectopic a couple of weeks ago, which required surgery to remove the pregnancy, along with my right fallopian tube.

No one can tell you what the best decision is for you, nor is there a "wrong" decision. Everyone has different opinions regarding what is best for them, especially when it comes to emotions and closure after a loss. Sending lots of big ::HUGS:: your way. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed
  • Options
    This is my first loss and it was so early and since I had already started cramping and spotting my dr said to let it happen naturally. It took a week to start up and I gotta tell ya I was in more pain then my csection and the pain lasted for long periods of time. It was very hard for me but now that I'm just spotting and all the painful stuff is passed I'm glad I didn't get a dc. I've heard nothing but great things about dcs though. Is your body still holding on to the pregnancy or are you having any mc symptoms yet?
    Nicole & David married June 2007
    Savana Katelynn Coy born 02-03-2009
    BFP #2 02/11/2013 ended in loss ectopic pregnancy
    BFP#3 07/01/2013 EDD March 11, 2014! Baby is perfect!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm new to this whole thing. I have been bleeding for nearly a week or more and it's been heavier the past few days with clotting. My back has been achy for a week but only had minor cramping last night and today. So maybe the process has already begun? The pain has been nothing more than what I have with periods. Sorry if this is a silly ?, can I use a tampon or just pads?

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • Options

imagejhs121:
    I'm new to this whole thing. I have been bleeding for nearly a week or more and it's been heavier the past few days with clotting. My back has been achy for a week but only had minor cramping last night and today. So maybe the process has already begun? The pain has been nothing more than what I have with periods. Sorry if this is a silly ?, can I use a tampon or just pads?

Just pads (I know, not awesome). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed
  • Options
    imageJE2249:

imagejhs121:

Just pads (I know, not awesome). 

Bummer but hey gotta do what you gotta do. Guess I need to get me some thick "grandma" ones. Hope it doesn't last long.

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • Options
    I had DnC last Friday. For me I needed closure sooner than later. Also I teach 1st grade and did not want anything to happen at work.
    We also had the tissue sent for testing which pretty much made the decision since if I can find out why I would have even more closure. Does not mean we will get the answers but I would rather try.

Been a week and I am now healing both mentally and physically.

I had no pain w the procedure. I have only spotted a few times yesterday and today.
    I feel fine physically just so upset mentally but think going this way helped now that it is over.

Only thing now is I have a very bad cold so I am so sick from that.

Please feel free to message me if you have more questions. I was 11 1/2 weeks.
    Heather

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

First, I'm sorry you're going through this...but I'm glad you found this board because you're going to find a ton of support and love here! (I'm new too and it's helped push me through some of the rough spots...)

Thing about what you are most comfortable with for your body and what you'll need to help heal.  It's hard - there's alot of info thrown at you and important decisions have to be made in a short (and emotional) time. 

I decided to let things take their course naturally because spending an entire day in the emergency room made me long for home. I'm glad I did -- going through this rollercoaster of changes and emotions in familiar surroundings helped ease some of my anxiety.  My husband was by my side throughout all of it and it was such a comfort to be able to mourn with him.

Sending hugs your way!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 1/23/13; US 1/28/13 Perfect Peanut @ 7w! So in love!; 2/23/13 Peanut Says Goodbye; 2/24/13 Natural MC at 11w

BFP #2: 10/5/2013; EDD 6/11/2014

image  image  image   image

The Fruit        The Countdown       My Chart    

• Options

I am very sorry for your loss.  It's such a hard process.

I chose to have the d&c because I needed the closure to the situation.  I was glad that I did, because I did get that closure and was able to move on.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"