Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Moving Convertible Seats from Car to Car for Caregivers?

Does anyone move their convertible seat frequently?  Any opinions on which brands are easiest to install?  I have a Britax Boulevard and DH is still using the Keyfit30 but we need to stop using that soon.  Our 2nd seat is a Recaro ProRide Euro, haven't tried installing it. 

I work weekends frequently which requires some creativity for childcare, my regular sitter, a close friend, and my in-laws will be splitting weekends.  I hate to install and remove our carseats. DH and I split weekday care so we each need a seat.  Was thinking of getting yet another seat that moves between the caregivers.  Only other option is to make them drive my car and take theirs, I'd really only ask my inlaws to do that though.  I may need to buy a seat for my regular sitter anyway.  3-4 carseats?  That seems ridiculous.  Seats with bases are so expensive that I might as well just buy multiple seats.  Any advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving Convertible Seats from Car to Car for Caregivers?

• We have 3 car seats, one for dad, one for mom, and one for day care.  It is a ridiculous expense. However, I always fear if they are moved on a regular basis people might get sloppy about it...
  • imageLalaMama81:
    I'd rather have seats that are just installed all the time, correctly. Costco Sceneras are $40, get a few of those. Also, please teach your caregivers how to install them correctly. I had to help a grandmother install hers at the nursery school pick up a few weeks ago. 

Good point, I was thinking that I would do all the installs to be safe but I just realized that then I'd have to ask them to come by early when they are coming to my house, or I'd have to drop my LO off with them early while I fiddle with the seat at their house.  How could I really expect them to do the install when the are watching my 8-12 month old solo? I'm sure he'd be happy to wait patiently by the car and avoid traffic.  I guess its 4 carseats for me. Sorry for the dumb question.

• Loading the player...
  • I usually let my mom drive my car when she would watch the kids.  Reinstallling the seat was a PITA, and if I can trust her with my kid, why not my car too?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with just buying something a little cheaper. The new car seat we just installed in my car would be a pain to move. Plus, I don't think I'd trust others installing/uninstalling the seat so many times. We're probably going to buy a cheap one for my parents to keep since they primarily watch LO when needed. Don't forget, all seats in the U.S. have to pass the same tests. Some seats just have extras.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have two. I keep the pricey Graco in my car since LO does most of the riding in my car. Husbands keeps a cheap $40.00 seat in his truck because he takes her in the morning. Much easier than taken the thing in and out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"