February 2013 Moms

Has anyone used Mirena?

Im going in for my 6 week check up in a few weeks and my doc will give me bc at that time. I used to have a regular copper IUD and it was awful so I'm considering mirena, im wondering if it is  difficult to lose weight with it? I know some women that have it  and love it because they have no periods with it, but these women are thicker and I never had the heart to ask them. 

Re: Has anyone used Mirena?

• Both of my sister have it and neither of them have gained extra weight from it. We are pretty small family anyways, not sure f that may make a difference.

One of my sisters had an incident where he more a fell out of place and was poking her for a day or two before she went back to the doctor.

• I had it after ds1. I didn't have any issues losing the baby weight and didn't have a period, but that could have been due to EBF. I had it removed before we weaned.

I won't be getting it again. Here's why: 1. The concerns/risks with complications and risk of infertility scare the crap out of me. I knew the risks before but I've since had several friends that have had to have theirs surgically removed and have had issues conceiving their next children.

2. I did spot one time literally one spot and thought I was getting my period so I inserted a tampon. Well I felt like the mirena was inhibiting it from going in far enough and it was not comfortable. I did use the old school long Tampax ones but still. If I were to get a full blown period and not able to use a tampon I would have been really upset. I hate pads...they feel so dirty to me.

That said after the strings softened my hubby never felt it during sex and I never had any issues aside from the tampon thing.

I'm going with the mini pill this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"