Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Hard time falling asleep

DS has been a terrible sleeper from birth. Never really slept through the night. A little over a month ago he started sleeping better from like 8 to 4 just had to rub his back for a sec then slept until 6:30. We found that dimming the lights, reasing books then a bottle in our bed with me would knock him out. Recently he has been doing worse in the sense that he has a hard time falling asleep. We do all the same things and he seems to be falling a sleep drinking his bottle then we will be wide awake after. Some nights he asks to play or watch tv we don't let him he will cry or just toss and turn for like 40 min. Other nights like tonight. You can tell he is trying to go to sleep just can't fall asleep. He is quite and face down on his belly ready for sleep but will toss and ten for like 30 min before falling asleep. At daycare he gets about an hour nap because he it too much of a busy body.
Any thoughts or suggestions.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hard time falling asleep

• I'm currently going through the same situation, but my DS takes about a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. We have the same routine every night and the older he gets the harder it is to get him to sleep.  I lay down with him and he acts like he is sleeping and as soon as I get up he gets up and wants to run around the house.  I feel a little better I'm not alone. I would love suggestions too. 
  • Some kids take a long time to wind down.  Some adults do too.  I wouldn't worry about it as long as he's not doing something wrong (screaming, hitting things, whatever).  Let him be to get to sleep.

And be grateful it's only 30 minutes.  My daughter (nearly 3) has never gone to sleep that fast.  45 minutes at the fasted - usually more like an hour. 

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"