March 2013 Moms

Heartburn and hair? ]

Really want my little man to have lots of hair because I LOVE it when babies do! We both had lots of hair when we were born. I haven't had a speck of heartburn with my pregnancy, but wondered if the heartburn/hair correlation proved right or wrong for you?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Heartburn and hair? ]

• I had terrible heartburn with babies 1 and 2, and both were born with soft, downy fuzz - not a lot of hair. I've had heartburn with this baby, but not anywhere near as bad as the other pregnancies. When I went for my growth scan u/s they told me she has a full head of hair and even took a picture of a little "halo" of hair around her head! So, I am guessing the wives tale isn't always accurate!
  • I had terrible heartburn in the third tri with DD, yet she is still lacking a lot in the hair department. She was definitely a bald baby (and 1 year old).

I've had heartburn during this whole pregnancy so we will see what DS has. 

• Loading the player...
  • Haven't had ANY heartburn and my ultrasound shows she has a lot of hair. So I don't think that wisetell is true.Goodluck!
  • A good friend of mine had her LO a month ago. She had no heartburn yet her baby has a ton of hair.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I have had some heartburn, but I wouldn't say a lot, but last week on u/s they said my LO has a full head. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had bad heartburn with Ds and he had medium amount. I was born with a mop and my mom had terrible heartburn, too. Held true for us. This one is bad too, and they said he had hair, but not sure if its a ton. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Both my girls were baldies. Didn't get any hair worth mentioning until they were closer to 2 years old. I had crazy indigestion/heartburn with my first, almost nothing with my second.

Been having regular heartburn/reflux with this one, though, and the u/s tech commented that he had a lot of hair. She attempted to show me the hair follicles to prove it to me, but I had no idea what I was supposed to be seeing, so we'll take her word for it and see what happens in the next few weeks! 

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I only had heartburn once with my son, which was induced by all the jalapeos I ate. He was born with a full head of hair.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"