Baby Names

Anna Lauren or Lauren Anna

Thought we decided on Anna as a first name but I'm having second thoughts. I like the name Lauren too and thought we could use both. Which sounds better: Lauren Anna or Anna Lauren? Siblings are Erin and Matthew. Does Anna go better?

Re: Anna Lauren or Lauren Anna

• personally i like the name lauren better than anna, but anna lauren sounds better.
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like Anna Lauren better. Very nice name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepurplepeanut6:
    personally i like the name lauren better than anna, but anna lauren sounds better.
    This!!
  • imagepurplepeanut6:
    personally i like the name lauren better than anna, but anna lauren sounds better.

This exactly. I think Lauren Anna sounds too sing-songy... like it's one word.

• I like both names, but slightly prefer Lauren as a fn.
  • Anna Lauren flows better. Besides flow, I prefer the classic Anna to Lauren. Lauren seems dated to me. I think Anna compliments your sibset well.

• Lauren anna
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I adore the name Anna, and I think Anna Lauren sounds much better than Lauren Anna.  Lauren Anna tends to run together in an awkward way and sound like "Laura Nana" or "Loranana."  Anna Lauren sounds like a great blend of classic and contemporary, feminine and tailored.

Erin, Matthew, and Anna definitely work as sibling names.  Erin, Matthew, and Lauren do, too.  It's really a toss-up in terms of which fits better with the siblings' names.  I tend to think Lauren is more similar to Erin in style, while Anna is more similar to Matthew.

If you decide to go with Lauren as the first name, would you consider Lauren Annabel?  I think it sounds a bit better than Lauren Anna.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anna Lauren 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely Lauren by 1000 times. I don't think Erin and Anna go well as a sibset. Something about the way they sound together is just off to me. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I prefer Lauren, but I also think it goes better with Erin and Matthew than Anna. However, I would choose a different middle name.  Lauren Anna doesn't sound right.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I prefer Lauren over Anna.

However, I like the sound of Anna Lauren over Lauren Anna.   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagepurplepeanut6:

I agree with this, but I think that Erin and Anna could get possibly get a little confusing.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Anna Lauren!

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• I love Anna as a name... and I think the flow of Anna Lauren is great.
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Anna Lauren, has a better flow.

• Anna Lauren flows better. However, there is the "anal" sounds that bothers me. 
  • I think Anna Lauren flows better, but flow doesn't really matter to me.  I like both names, but Lauren and Erin seem a little close, so that would push me toward voting Anna.
  • I love Anna Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"