1st Trimester
Options

Not Hungry

Hello, First time mom-to-be here....

I have not been hungry AT ALL these past couple weeks. I'm almost 6 weeks along. This is not like me at all. I'm a big girl and love my food, but I will eat half a salad and feel over full. It's not that I'm nauseated, I just really dont have an appetite.I'm only putting about 600 calories into my body a day, which probably cant be good for me or baby. 

Has anyone else struggled with this lack of diet without nausea?

Thanks 

Re: Not Hungry

• Options
    600 calories??? drink some ensure lol

• Options
    The entire first trimester i had NO appetite, minus the first two weeks when i was 4/5 weeks. after that....none. I could barley eat any food at all. I like the suggestion of the ensure,that will work if all else fails.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCousinVicki:
    600 calories??? drink some ensure
    I'm inclined to agree with this if your low intake keeps up. Hope you feel better soon!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options

imagejorkz821:
    imageCousinVicki:
    600 calories??? drink some ensure
    I'm inclined to agree with this if your low intake keeps up. Hope you feel better soon!

This. 

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the ensure. I'm 5 weeks and have very little appetite. I make sure whatever I am eating is as nutrient rich as I can get. I'm not even craving sweets or junk food like I usually do I love to eat. I'm sure it will pass, but just try to make the best choices when you do eat something.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    I find that I want to eat, but absolutely nothing smells or looks good. Take your prenatal vitamin and eat the best foods you can when you want to eat, and eat small snacks.
  • Options
    Same thing with me, but I'm further along at 8w2d. I've been dealing with food aversions since week 6 and it sucks and has been beyond frustrating. I'm a small girl, but with a big appetite usually. It's very strange for me to not want to eat or enjoy food. Today my appetite seems to be leveling out, so I'm hoping that my aversions are coming to an end. It's especially important since I'm approaching my second trimester in 3 weeks and I have an appt for an ultrasound in 2 weeks. I'm still considering picking up some ensure for in the mornings and when I get home from work. I do try to make what I do eat matter and I always take my prenatals.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Visit The Nest!

Visit My Blog! Perfect 10 Beauty.

Visit My Etsy Shop! Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry on Etsy.

My Website Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"