March 2013 Moms

Have you booked a newborn photographer? Bought anything for it?

Obviously we can't exactly "book" a day/time just yet, but I know it's best to have the nb photographer come asap (we plan to have our's come to our home the day after we get home from the hospital)- we waited a week with DS and he was wide awake for almost all of it.  I contacted her to let her know my due date and now I'm kinda obsessed with buying headbands on etsy for it and thinking about buying some cheesecloth wraps to match.  Anyone else thinking about the nb photoshoot?

Are you buying anything cute/special for it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have you booked a newborn photographer? Bought anything for it?

• I just bought a cute knit bear hat, butt cover with tail and booties :) the girl also has a basket we might use but I want more 'natural' pictures. I've been pinteresting like crazy lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedawnj08:
    I just bought a cute knit bear hat, butt cover with tail and booties :) the girl also has a basket we might use but I want more 'natural' pictures. I've been pinteresting like crazy lol

I should be searching around on Pinterest....or maybe I shouldn't (it may only perpetuate my obsession lol)

Our photographer takes pretty good pics and is VERY reasonable imo, but she it's just a side job for her.  She has some cute backdrops and some cute throws to lay the baby on, but not alot of neat props like I've seen with more "professional" photogs.  DS was a late May baby so we actually did a lot of his shoot outside which allowed for some neat stuff. 

• Loading the player...
  • I ordered a cute hat from Etsy and am using a chevron blanket.  I also am going to incorporate blocks that have his name on them.   I think we are going to use the photographer at our hospital (Bella Baby).  My SIL is also a photographer, so she will take some shots of our guy when she comes up to visit!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHappy2BPregnant:
    I ordered a cute hat from Etsy and am using a chevron blanket.  I also am going to incorporate blocks that have his name on them.   I think we are going to use the photographer at our hospital (Bella Baby).  My SIL is also a photographer, so she will take some shots of our guy when she comes up to visit!

Our photographer used to work for Bella Baby out in Chicago but when she moved back this way, we don't have a Bella Baby in the area so she started her own side business.  Our hospital photogs are pretty bad and reeeeally expensive, unfortunately.

• Thanks for the reminder! I just texted the photographer to give her a heads up of my due date and make sure we could do something within 2 weeks of birth. 

She has a few props and I have bought a couple cute head bands and my sister is crocheting a cocoon. It's so close!!!!! 

• I booked mine. She just wants us to call when he's born so we can schedule it. I haven't bought anything for it yet, but I have some outfits in mind for myself. Crap, maybe I should buy some special wraps or something.
  • Don't go to etsy! they have so many cute things! I bought a cheesecloth, a little bear hat, some tiny flower headbands, a little ruffled diaper cover .. all were actually inexpensive. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One of my best friends is trying to get her photography career started, she's shot a few weddings, did a maternity shoot with me and our other friend and she now wants to shoot our baby.  The best part... FOR FREE!! Since our babies will be born so close to Easter, I ordered a bunny hat and diaper cover from etsy and that will be our birth announcement.  My photog friend ordered one too, and a crocheted carrot, a few baskets and blankets that look like grass.  She's trying to build up a props bag, and it will work to my benefit.  She's so talented, I'm so excited to see her work, and happy she will be doing something she loves to do!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasn't planning on buying anything as I thought ours supplied all the props/headbands. Now I need to go double check!
  • We have booked an appointment for sometime that first week after LO is born. DH insisted on beardo pictures so we have that ordered. I also bought a monogrammed blanket from etsy.com that we are gonna use with a football beanie (the colors of the blanket are our favorite team's color). We are going to attempt some naked ones, knowing we will probably get peed on, If LO was a girl, my bank account would be empty right now from etsy purchases!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a lurking photographer so I have to comment. I just wanted to say to check in with the photographer to see what they have because a lot of us are prop crazy to say the least, it's just way too much fun to buy newborn props! Enjoy your session, I hope that your baby is super sleepy and flexible for you!
  • imagekac831:
    Don't go to etsy! they have so many cute things! I bought a cheesecloth, a little bear hat, some tiny flower headbands, a little ruffled diaper cover .. all were actually inexpensive. 

Too late!!!!  I agree it's all pretty inexpensive.....but then I end up buying a bunch lol

• imagenyki06:
    I'm a lurking photographer so I have to comment. I just wanted to say to check in with the photographer to see what they have because a lot of us are prop crazy to say the least, it's just way too much fun to buy newborn props! Enjoy your session, I hope that your baby is super sleepy and flexible for you!

Unfortunately mine is not prop crazy :(  I wish!!!  Since it's a side job she doesn't go too crazy.  She's got a couple things to lay the baby on/in, some material for swaddling but not a ton. 

Curious to know- do you know if the cheese cloth works well for swaddling for pics?  It looks great on the pics the etsy sellers use, but I wasn't sure if it really ended up looking that good the majority of the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"