April 2013 Moms

Such a disappointing appt

Went to my 32 week appt today and I've gained another 10lbs in the last monnth. That makes 40lbs total and I started out quite overweight. I'm so upset I don't feel as though I have been doing anything different (maybe thats the problem). On top of that my belly is measuring 36 weeks. ugg I am so diasappointed in myself I can't stop crying.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Such a disappointing appt

• Ahhhh we're kinda in the same boat!!! I'm trying to make healthy changes now such as walking more and maybe not giving into all my cravings. It's hard! 
  • I feel you!  I have gained 35 lbs and counting.  I hate to even step on the scale at the drs office.  I think I'm measuring on the bigger side too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Dont feel so bad , my first pregnancy I gained 70 pounds ! And I really doubt you'll gain that much ! I used to snack on carrots to replace Cheetos !
  • I'm feeling a bit the same way. Just disappointment all around : I've gained 30 so far and still have 8 weeks to go. I'm measuring ahead by a couple weeks as well. Not fun, but I now that I'm in it I don't really see how to stop it. I just try to focus on what I eat, but I don't exercise at all anymore. I'm really bad at giving into cravings too. Even though they are usually small, and sweet, they add up!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• I hear ya! I have gained 42 pounds and I'm gaining about 2 pounds per week on average instead of 1 at this point.   I am on light duty, so I can't really exercise at this point. :(  Don't be too hard on yourself!  It'll come off after baby is born.  I gained 50 pounds with DD and lost it all before this pregnancy.  It took a while, but it happened.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's so nice to know I'm not the only one in this boat!! It's that darn reese's puffs cereal!! I just love it soooo much. My midwife had never even heard of it. Oh well no more of that for me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hear ya. I was discouraged too and had anxiety about my appt's because of being weighed. My goal for my whole pregnancy was 30 pounds and here I am with 4 weeks to go and I am at 32. I've eaten as healthy as I can and exercised until I no longer could and there is nothing more I can do so I've decided not to make myself upset over it anymore. I've accepted that my total weight gain will probably be closer to 40 lbs. In the end, what matters is that I am healthy, the baby is healthy, and I feel like I look pretty good so the number on the scale is meaningless.

My OB is not concerned and said that towards the end, most of the weight you gain isn't necessarily going to you. It's fluid and weight that the baby is putting on.
  • I'm as big as a house right now. I feel your pain. When I see the scale I'm like Kristie Alley in Look Who's Talking when she starts crying! I keep telling myself I'm going to walk, and this weekend I'm starting NO MATTER WHAT! 
  • I bet a lot of it is water weight at this stage too. My weight gain tends to really speed up in the last trimester. Baby grows so much at this stage, plus I retain a lot of water. I gained a lot with DD1 and DD2 (60 lbs and 55 lbs). The weight comes off. It might take a little longer if you gain more, but it does come off eventually.

I was super disappointed that I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks between my last two appointments. The next week I stepped on the scale and was down almost 2 lbs. Since I'm not dieting, and my workouts aren't that strenuous, it has to be water.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I have always said that this whole "women gain an average of 25-30lbs" is poppycock! I think the actual average is 60lbs (at least w/a lot of my friends :)). So according to that standard- you are doing GREAT! :) Hang in there girl, we are in the final stretch! So, the good news is, even if you were to gain more, there's not much more time to gain it :)
  • imagelovelyday39:
    I have always said that this whole "women gain an average of 25-30lbs" is poppycock! I think the actual average is 60lbs (at least w/a lot of my friends :)). So according to that standard- you are doing GREAT! :) Hang in there girl, we are in the final stretch! So, the good news is, even if you were to gain more, there's not much more time to gain it :)
    Thank you for this! I'm on track for 60 (I've gained 50 at 31 weeks) and everyone on here crying about 30 makes me feel horrible!
    BabyName Ticker
  • imagemngildersleeve:
    It's so nice to know I'm not the only one in this boat!! It's that darn reese's puffs cereal!! I just love it soooo much. My midwife had never even heard of it. Oh well no more of that for me!

They make the morning time (and our weight gain) epic. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I've gained 28 lbs and I don't feel bad about it all. My OB hasn't said one thing. Now that the weather is getting a little better I plan on going for walks so hopefully that will help with the weight gain these last few weeks.

I gained 70 with my first and lost all but 10. Don't worry. You'll lose it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"