March 2013 Moms

Bleeding after being checked

I'm 38 weeks and today my OB checked me and I'm 2.5cm dilated (she said she can stretch me to 3cm) and 80% effaced.  I've been having a lot of contractions the last week but nothing too bad.  I just started spotting brown blood and its 8 hours after my appt.  I know you can spot after being checked but I thought it would be right away.  Oh, I lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks and this is my first pregnancy if that helps.  Any thoughts on the matter would be very appreciative.  Thanks!!

Re: Bleeding after being checked

• There was a pretty long delay before I spotted after both of my internals like, not til the next morning after my first one so far, but since my doctor told me there might be some spotting, I wasn't worried.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks so much!  I couldn't find anything online about the delayed bleeding so I thought I would ask on here Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have any bleeding after my internals but the doctor told me to expect it that day or the next.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my appointment on Wednesday, and that night I bled quite a lot.  I even had a clot.  I was pretty concerned, so I called my doctor - it was a LOT more than I was expecting - but she said that as long as I wasn't having regular contractions an the baby was still moving, it's fine.  Finally stopped this afternoon.  I had to wonder if the student PA she had in the room didn't dislodge my mucus plug or something.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Like another said I didn't have much spotting until the next morning. I also had more discharge too which my Dr. said was normal.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"