Multiples

Baby Shower

I am due in early July and My friends want to plan the shower for April 28th.  I know it is best to have a twin shower early but is that too soon?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Shower

• I was due in early July last year and I had my last shower on April 22. I delivered my girls in mid May. Even beyond delivering early, I was glad to have my showers on the early side for comfort reasons and also to give us enough time to get everything set up.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • no it is not to early i was also due in early july to due to my doctor taking them at 32 weeks while on hospital bed rest. i am having two back to back weekends on march 30th and april 6th. i see it is better to get it done early since we cant control our bodies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No thats not too early! I was due july 24th last year and my shower was in late march/early april .... i was about 25 weeks! I delivered my boys july 5th ! Its good to have it before you get so uncomfortable that you dont enjoy it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not too early!! I had my shower at 30 weeks and it was super uncomfortable!

• I'm having my shower this weekend at 31 weeks and I am so exhausted! I hope I don't yawn thru it. I wish it had been a couple weeks ago.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I'm not part of the etiquette camp. I really feel like a majority of that stuff is outdated, and that people should relax about it. 

So, whatever day works for you and the host... go for it.  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I'm due end of June. Due to travel I was hoping to have one as early as March. However family and older friends kind of flipped out at the idea. I said up to mid April would be ok too. They still flipped.

My point is, I dont' think they understand the  need to have everything set up and together earlier then a singleton pregnancy. They all want to wait until 36 weeks and what not. But frankly I am betting I have babies by then and couldn't travel even if I didn't. So I say rock on with the early date since you'll be able to enjoy it and get all the items put away and clean just that much faster since it will probably take you longer!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am due toward the end of July and am having two showers.  First is next weekend.  I'll be just over 20 weeks.  MIL and SIL planned it and I was not consulted for the date.  SIL is due in April so that is part of the reason...

My other shower is the first weekend in May.  I'll be just over 28 weeks.  I thought 28 weeks was a good time to have it since I did not want to be over 30 weeks.  I didn't want to be too big and uncomfortable or to be too close to a possible early delivery.  

I think your timing is just fine.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"