March 2013 Moms

Ugh!

VENT: So I was awake all night last night with cramping. I also had a lot of bright red mucus. This morning I started getting contractions 5 minutes apart... Then four minutes... Then three minutes. They were incredibly painful and I cried through several of them. After a hour of contractions at three minutes and lasting a minute and a half each, I went to the hospital. The nurse hooked me up to the machines and sure enough, contractions every three minutes. My doctor came in and checked me and said I was still at a two, same as my appointment yesterday. He was going to send me straight home but I asked if I could walk instead. So I walked the hospital for two hours, still having painful contractions. I went back to check and still a two and still three minutes apart so I was sent home. A resident came to give me my discharge instructions. She said if I had contractions five minutes apart and lasting a minute to come in. Seriously?!? ALL DAY LONG I have been having them THREE minutes apart! So now I am curled up, dying, and still having contractions every three minutes. This is my third baby and this has NEVER happened to me before! Also, these contractions are more painful than with my other two. When they got this bad with the other two I got an epidural! I cannot believe all this pain and no progress!!! Not only that, my blood pressure was high so the nurse asked if they could just admit me and my doctor said no. This is the same guy who moved BACK my induction from Sunday to Wednesday even though my blood pressure is going up and my GD is getting worse. I can't take much more of this!!!

Re: Ugh!

• Im sorry you are having such a difficult time. I hope things move along and that the rest of your labor/delivery goes quickly and easily.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks. I guess a question should be, has this happened to anyone else?!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I am so sorry that you are going through this.  Hopefully that baby will be out soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would go back in immediately. Demand to have another Dr or resident give you a 2nd opinion on your progress and BP. Something about this does not sit right with me.
  • imageSarra21:
    I would go back in immediately. Demand to have another Dr or resident give you a 2nd opinion on your progress and BP. Something about this does not sit right with me.

This for sure!!! I would go back in and ask to be seen by a different doctor! This just doesn't seem right at all!!! Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"