October 2013 Moms
Options

How would it make you feel

If your DH came home and told you about how some woman at work approached him asking if he was married, and letting him know he has a 'secret admirer' who was 'really wishing he wasn't married'. Are you flattered because your hubby is hot it's just a simple truth and other women want him, or are you annoyed because you've been so sick for over a month and feel like a fat, sick, miserable blob who doesn't even have the energy to apply makeup?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How would it make you feel

• Options
    I'd be hella pissed at the skank who wished he wasn't married. Fat, emotional, and pregnant has nothing to do with it. That is way out I line. And so is the biznatch, I mean woman, who said it to him.

But congrats to you for landing a hottie!! Yes

• Options

DH is a cop and there are only like 3 other female cops he works with all of whom aren't that attractive. So for me this wouldn't be a big deal.

If he worked in an office I'd probably be a little bothered by it. Yes it's great that other people find your DH attractive, but saying you wish someone wasn't married is going way over the line, IMO.  You can think it, but who SAYS it?!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsMommyQ:
    DH is a cop and there are only like 3 other female cops he works with all of whom aren't that attractive. So for me this wouldn't be a big deal.If he worked in an office I'd probably be a little bothered by it.

My DH is a cop as well and it's not the coworkers you have to worry about!

• Options
    I would probably laugh too, and congratulate him on being a stud muffin.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options

imageMrsMommyQ:

Yes it's great that other people find your DH attractive, but saying you wish someone wasn't married is going way over the line, IMO.  You can think it, but who SAYS it?!

Agreed. Maybe that sh*t flew in high school with bf/gf scenarios, but adults really say things like this?

I think back to my single self...even if I'd wanted to I would never have had the balls to say this to a colleague.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    Ok I'm seriously relieved to hear y'all's comments! I couldn't tell if I was being crazy and I laughed it off but really wanted to cry inside. I know it's mostly bc I feel like such disgusting crap right now and insecure about that... Thankfully in his office is just a bunch of old guys, but his office is in a huge building so I guess it's prob just some woman who has seen him or something. Anyway, thanks for the input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageAjoyd:

imageMrsMommyQ:

Yes it's great that other people find your DH attractive, but saying you wish someone wasn't married is going way over the line, IMO.  You can think it, but who SAYS it?!

Agreed. Maybe that sh*t flew in high school with bf/gf scenarios, but adults really say things like this?

I think back to my single self...even if I'd wanted to I would never have had the balls to say this to a colleague.

Women hit on DH a lot.  I try to be a grown up about it, but I still get stabby.  And I'm probably not that nice to them if and when I meet them face to face.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options

Saying that you wish someone wasn't married screams "I'm going to flirt with you even harder now because I am single and think I'm cute".

And, yes, stabby is an emotion- I feel it often. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I suppose I should throw it out there that it may have been 'she was hoping you weren't married' or something like that. Anyway, the person who approached DH wasn't the secret admirer. She was asking his marital status 'for a friend'. Which is believable bc this woman was older and DH had never seen her before.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's why I married ugly.  Just kidding.  My DH is a middle school/high school PE teacher, so he is surrounded by flirty/no shame women all day. If he wasn't loyal to the core it would bother me.  If your not concerned on his part.  Take it is a complement.  
  • Options

imageyesthisiskim0401:
    I'd be hella pissed at the skank who wished he wasn't married. Fat, emotional, and pregnant has nothing to do with it. That is way out I line. And so is the biznatch, I mean woman, who said it to him. But congrats to you for landing a hottie!! Yes

This.exactly.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • Options
    imagearagosta:
    imagepetdocd:

imageMae208:
    I suppose I should throw it out there that it may have been 'she was hoping you weren't married' or something like that. Anyway, the person who approached DH wasn't the secret admirer. She was asking his marital status 'for a friend'. Which is believable bc this woman was older and DH had never seen her before.

Still highly inappropriate in my eyes. 

This.

Yup.

• Options
    I would probably laugh. My husband feels the need to tell me when he gets hit on at the gas station because he feels uncomfortable. I would be more worried if he didn't tell me.
  • Options
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    I'd be hella pissed at the skank who wished he wasn't married. Fat, emotional, and pregnant has nothing to do with it. That is way out I line. And so is the biznatch, I mean woman, who said it to him.

But congrats to you for landing a hottie!! Yes

This, word for word!!
  • Options
    I would assume my DH worked with a bunch of 16 year olds if he came home and told me that. Bizarre.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would cut the bizznatch, no joke. Totally, totally inappropriate!

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• Options
    imageBlondieBear:
    I would assume my DH worked with a bunch of 16 year olds if he came home and told me that. Bizarre.

I know, right? He said the woman was like mid forties. Mh is 29 and thankfully just works with a bunch of older men. He has no clue who this woman was or who the admirer is.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageMae208:
    imageBlondieBear:
    I know, right? He said the woman was like mid forties. Mh is 29 and thankfully just works with a bunch of older men. He has no clue who this woman was or who the admirer is.

If there are no other women in the office, the secret admirer is probably this 40 year-old, right?! You gotta admit, there's a bunch of cougars on the prowl these days... ;)  Plus, normally people would just ask around the grapevine to find out if someone was married, this lady went up to his face! inappropriate silly cougars

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would probably laugh. My husband feels the need to tell me when he gets hit on at the gas station because he feels uncomfortable. I would be more worried if he didn't tell me.
  • Options
    I'd just laugh and tease him repeatedly about it.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. I would be pissed he told me this nonsense, 2. women who do that crap have no respect for marriage. On another note I know a lot of men do not wear their ring so they do not know, so on that note, the man just needs to say, I am married and leave it at that.
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    imagecarriebro3:
    1. I would be pissed he told me this nonsense,.

Really? I'd much rather him be open and honest with me.

• Options
    imagePhalaenopsis:

imageMae208:
    imageBlondieBear:

If there are no other women in the office, the secret admirer is probably this 40 year-old, right?! You gotta admit, there's a bunch of cougars on the prowl these days... ;)  Plus, normally people would just ask around the grapevine to find out if someone was married, this lady went up to his face! inappropriate silly cougars

haha cougars are the worst!  They hit on my husband all the time.  We laugh about it.  No shame!  

Married-September 24, 2006
    First Baby Boy - Born January 4, 2010
    #2 BFP 2/14/13 EDD 10/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

One of our neighbors keeps leaving her apartment in just panties or panties in a t shirt. Twice now when my FI was outside she has stopped, locked eyes with him and put her hand down her pants and rubbed herself. 

I live in a tiny town and everyone knows shes a slut who cheats on her husband with anyone she can. She's also complained to our landlord about me. Just because I'm with a guy she wants to bone. I roll my eyes. I have nothing to worry about because I'm with a man I trust. But I would love to slap her to next year though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Usually when this happens to us, it's a 3-6 year old who has a big crush on DH. (He's a PE teacher and teaches swim in the summers.) But there have been a few inappropriate women over the past 10 years (and one sort of stalker right now). He was at a wedding a loooong time ago (we had been dating for about a year) and one of the bridesmaids came to his hotel room after the wedding and tried to kiss him.

Generally, I tease DH about it. If he hid it from me, I'd think it was weird.

But, that said, it's hard to have the same confidence when you're feeling gross and pregnant anyway. But this whole thing is a reflection on this woman, not you or your H. Don't let it get to you.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imagecarriebro3:
    1. I would be pissed he told me this nonsense,.
    Really? I'd much rather him be open and honest with me.

Agreed. Why hide it? My fiance and I are best friends. We tell each other every single thing. It would be really weird if he didn't share something like that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageshelley1002:
    I'd just laugh and tease him repeatedly about it.

This exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"