Trouble TTC

CD3 bloodwork?

Hi ladies, I met with my RE on the 12th and she gave me a list of 10 blood tests that she wanted done. I went Tuesday and did the LH, FSH, and Estridol. She also wants to check- Hepatitis C antibody, Hep C surface Antigen, Syphilis antibody, Rubella antibody, HIV, CBC (with diff) and Type and screen. Is this normal and is it really needed. Just curious because we are paying OOP for everything. Are there any you would skip?
My Ovulation Chart
TTC since 0ct. 2011
Me-34,DH-34
Dx:Hypothyroidism 2008
HSG- All clear CD 3 bloodwork normal
SA- Abnormal Dx:MFI
DH on 50mg Clomid 3x week
BFP#1- 1/21/13 CP 1/24/13
Cycle 18,19 & 20 50mg Clomid+trigger+IUI= All BFFN
Cycle 21-25 Taking a break for now, still HIO Hoping!
Moving onto IVF Next AF
(PAIF/SAIF Welcome)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: CD3 bloodwork?

• I'm still really new at all of this, but I would think that if your RE felt the tests were needed to give you some sort of answer, then I wouldn't skip anything. My OB ordered several tests for my CD3 bloodwork that I'm not sure the purpose of, but I assume they will tell her something she needs to know.

(Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you recently had a routine physical or bloodwork drawn by your PCP and that included a CBC I'd see if they'd accept that. Rubella (or German measles) can cause severe birth defects if a woman contracts it while pregnant. You can't be immunized while pregnant and while the risk of infection isn't super high if you're going to pay all that money to get pregnant it makes sense to make sure your Rubella level is high enough before you get started (and get immunized if need be). 

My guess is that all the STD stuff is part of their policy since they'll be handling your (and YH's) bodily fluids. Extra precautions would need to be taken if you were positive for one of those things. They've probably tested every other one of their patients so its some added peace of mind to you. If its policy you likely don't have an option to opt out. You'd get tested for all of that except maybe Hep C once you are pregnant, so I think I'd be looking at it also as something I'm getting out of the way in advance and one less blood draw that I'll need.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately you probably do need all of those. I would check with your PCP though to make sure you don't have any already done. Also apparently the STD testing is mandatory in some states before they can do any ART.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

• I had the FSH and Estridol. I think I had the LH. But, I don't think I had the Hepatitis C antibody, Hep C surface Antigen, Syphilis antibody, HIV, CBC (with diff),Type or screen. I definately had the Rubella antibody.

I would tell her your concerns and ask her if there are any blood tests that can be avoided considering you are paying oop.

If you have been in a monogomous relationship for a long time, maybe the std tests aren't required.

Me: 37; DH: 35, SA normal ttc 1st since 11/2011 1/2013: HSG 2/2013-4/2013: acupuncture 3/2013: SHG 4/9/13: lap removed stage 2 endo & ovarian cyst 9/2013-11/2013: Clomid 3x 12/2013: IUI/superO 2013: spent $4,900 on treatment Waiting until 1/2015 for IVF insurance
  • Ok thanks, I am planning on getting them all done I just want to find out the cost before hand. DH had his done and the bill was over $1000 dollars OUCH! I have some time before DH gets into see the urologist. It's crazy how fast all the bills add up when you have to pay for everything :(,
    My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since 0ct. 2011
    Me-34,DH-34
    Dx:Hypothyroidism 2008
    HSG- All clear CD 3 bloodwork normal
    SA- Abnormal Dx:MFI
    DH on 50mg Clomid 3x week
    BFP#1- 1/21/13 CP 1/24/13
    Cycle 18,19 & 20 50mg Clomid+trigger+IUI= All BFFN
    Cycle 21-25 Taking a break for now, still HIO Hoping!
    Moving onto IVF Next AF
    (PAIF/SAIF Welcome)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"