August 2013 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Thursday

13»

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday

• imageBlueJewelM:
    imageVG101808:
    Moving away from the guns, weight issues and sex: I think giant flowery headbands on little baby girls is absolutely adorable and if LO is a girl you bet I'm going to buy dozens of them.
    Oh me too! I've been in a camo, dinosaur, puppies, police and fireman rut with DS. If this LO is a girl she is going to have a few headbands!!! She will probably rip them off in 5 seconds but I will love those 5 seconds she keeps it on!!!

Even if I didn't like them... My Mom would buy millions

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageJomojack2:
    imagemanditxg:
    imagerissa06:
    imagemanditxg:
    imageLilmrslay:

My UO is that it gets up my nose when overweight women blame their children for their weight. 

I was at a Costume Shop getting an outfit for a party and told the assistant my husband and I wanted to go as Julius Caesar and Cleopatra when she was pregnant with his child, because I am pregnant and unable to hide it anymore.

This obnoxious women who was rudely listening in said "Really, because I'm fatter than you and I'm not pregnant. This is what happens after you've had two kids".

No! No, it's not! It's what happens after you eat too much and don't move enough. Your children are not to blame. They've done nothing to cause you to keep this weight on. Take some responsibility and do something about it!

I have to agree.  I have no sympathy for over weight people who are making the wrong choices.  go to the gym and stop eating hamburgers.   when I start to gain some I cut out things like fast food/eating out or soda or start working out.  

now this bothers me, because my weight fluctuates and I do not eat fast food and rarely drink soda, but I'm not thin.  Gym or anything is hard for me.  We don't have family to watch the kids and its expensive to hire a babysitter 3x a week to go.  My husband works late hours and the gym does not have a daycare.  We go there bc we save money on the kids swim lessons.  So, I do what I can and there are a lot of people in this boat.  I just don't think it is always so cut and dry.  

you can also work out without a gym membership.  there are a million excuses but it doesn't make it ok. my weight also fluctuates and I do something about it instead of making excuses why I can't. there are far more people out there that have it worse than I do and still get things done so why would I be any different? but this is why it's an UO I guess.  it's easier to make excuses as to why you are in a situation than it is to do something about it.  I'm not saying you are but that's the way you are making it seem. there are also other things that cause weight gain besides fast food and soda.  

I will be interested to see if your opinion on this changes after you have your baby.

challenge accepted!

also google couldn't find anything that says having children makes you gain weight other than poor eating habits and not finding time to exercise.  so I'm up for working healthy food and exercise into my new routine.  I will also talk to my DR about weight gain after pregnancy and see what he has to say since I would trust his answer more.  I also have my SIL as motivation.  She has 3 kids and was very overweight and she is now shedding it fast by working out and eating healthy.  I would also like to point out that she goes to college and takes care of a nephew and still finds time.  I think I'll be alright.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMagPie 1986:
    imagekateisgreat:

imagecole2144:
    I find it obnoxious when skinny people complain about getting fat. 

On a somewhat related note, I also find it equally obnoxious when people post the "real women have curves" photos on FB, or anything potraying Marilyn Monroe as a role model. She was a sex symbol, not a role model. Skinny or fat, we are all "real women".

I agree with this 100%! 

This. All women are real women. Why is it ok for overweight people to say these things? It's NOT ok/ I'd never bash someone for being overweight.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemanditxg:
    imageJomojack2:
    imagemanditxg:
    imagerissa06:
    imagemanditxg:
    imageLilmrslay:

My UO is that it gets up my nose when overweight women blame their children for their weight. 

I was at a Costume Shop getting an outfit for a party and told the assistant my husband and I wanted to go as Julius Caesar and Cleopatra when she was pregnant with his child, because I am pregnant and unable to hide it anymore.

This obnoxious women who was rudely listening in said "Really, because I'm fatter than you and I'm not pregnant. This is what happens after you've had two kids".

No! No, it's not! It's what happens after you eat too much and don't move enough. Your children are not to blame. They've done nothing to cause you to keep this weight on. Take some responsibility and do something about it!

I have to agree.  I have no sympathy for over weight people who are making the wrong choices.  go to the gym and stop eating hamburgers.   when I start to gain some I cut out things like fast food/eating out or soda or start working out.  

now this bothers me, because my weight fluctuates and I do not eat fast food and rarely drink soda, but I'm not thin.  Gym or anything is hard for me.  We don't have family to watch the kids and its expensive to hire a babysitter 3x a week to go.  My husband works late hours and the gym does not have a daycare.  We go there bc we save money on the kids swim lessons.  So, I do what I can and there are a lot of people in this boat.  I just don't think it is always so cut and dry.  

you can also work out without a gym membership.  there are a million excuses but it doesn't make it ok. my weight also fluctuates and I do something about it instead of making excuses why I can't. there are far more people out there that have it worse than I do and still get things done so why would I be any different? but this is why it's an UO I guess.  it's easier to make excuses as to why you are in a situation than it is to do something about it.  I'm not saying you are but that's the way you are making it seem. there are also other things that cause weight gain besides fast food and soda.  

I will be interested to see if your opinion on this changes after you have your baby.

challenge accepted!

also google couldn't find anything that says having children makes you gain weight other than poor eating habits and not finding time to exercise.  so I'm up for working healthy food and exercise into my new routine.  I will also talk to my DR about weight gain after pregnancy and see what he has to say since I would trust his answer more.  I also have my SIL as motivation.  She has 3 kids and was very overweight and she is now shedding it fast by working out and eating healthy.  I would also like to point out that she goes to college and takes care of a nephew and still finds time.  I think I'll be alright.  

It's not a challenge....but you may not be so gung ho. It sounds like you have a good support system, but you haven't had your baby yet. You don't know how much sleep you may or may not get. You don't know how demanding your child might be. Balancing home, work (if you work outside the home), kids, husbands etc. It can be hard. I'm not saying it's impossible because it's not. I'm not saying that at all. But don't judge the other mothers thinking they are just lazy because that's not true.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • imagemanditxg:

challenge accepted!

Your Google fu sucks if you genuinely can't find anything on what having children does to the body.  It's pretty well documented.

image image

• imagecoraggiosa:

Sure it COULD end up unfair, but to be honest, people like the Aurora shooter have no business owning guns. I think it's a lot more unfair that all those people died because people have no hurdles to jump in order to obtain guns in this country. In any case, there is a huge difference between mild depression and serious psychosis, and I think establishing certain parameters would be a good start. 

80,000 background checks per year are rejected due to criminal backgrounds and/or mental health conditions.

Also of note, in many of the recent shootings, the guns were obtained illegally, for example, Newtown. The shooter had recently attempted to legally purchase a gun but was turned down by the NICS background check. I'd say the system for legally obtaining a gun works. That being said, if someone wants a gun, they will get a gun by whatever means (theft, straw purchases, etc).

If anyone has tried to buy a gun recently, they know that there are hoops you have to jump through to obtain these weapons. Some states have a wait period of upwards of a week, weapon dependent. The point remains, though, that if you are a citizen in good standing, it is your right to purchase a gun. Car driving, as people keep pointing to, is a privilege, something that is not guaranteed by the constitution.

My last little rant, just because I'm on the topic, is people screaming that the 2nd Amendment didn't have AR-15's in mind when it was written. I don't particularly think the constitution had Facebook and Twitter in mind when it was written, but freedom of speech is still protected in these venues by the 1st amendment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"