3rd Trimester

Worries of Pre-term labor

Hi Ladies, I am a stm and have had a pretty rocky pregnancy this time around.  I am worried about pre term labor, and have been doing alot of research but nothing really eases my mind.  My question to the mommies who have lived through it before, how many weeks was your baby when delivered and how long did their NICU stay last?  I appreciate all the love!

Re: Worries of Pre-term labor

• I have had 2 pre-term births -- one at 36w2d and one at 35w6days.  Neither one required a NICU stay. (I did have some ptl with the second)

I'm 35w4d now and it's possible this one may need a NICU visit/stay we don't know yet but for reasons not related to prematurity.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • This is my first pregnancy and baby is still hanging in there but I have been having pre-term contractions for 3 weeks now (most days every 3 minutes round the clock).  I got the steroid shots to help baby's lungs develop if she comes early and have been on bed rest for a few weeks.

Point of my message is that now a days there seem to be a lot they can do once pre-term contractions start to ward off labor as long as possible to give baby some more time.  I was 32 weeks when I went on bed rest and got the steroid shots and I have now made it to 34 weeks.  I am out of the major danger zone for preemies so am a lot less stressed.

Why are you concerned about pre-term labor though?  It's not something I thought of at all before it started for me.  How far along are you?

My husband was born at 34 weeks (30 years ago) and he didn't need any medical intervention at all and is the healthiest person I've ever met and is an engineer with an amazing ability for math and sciences and all that...so some babies are just ready to come early and have no long (or even short) term complications!  Fingers corssed our little girl takes after daddy if she does come early!!!

• Loading the player...
  • cousin's 2 boys both were early and neither of them required additional support because they were 5 lbs
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • If you do have preterm labor issues there is a lot they can do to get things under control. I started having issues at 30 weeks but was able to control it with reduced activity until 34 weeks. At that point I was In the hospital two days in a row and was given terbutaline which slowed the contractions and was sent home on bedrest and with a prescription for procardia. The meds have kept baby in for this long and I am now weaning in preparation for labor since I am full term.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"