Maryland Babies
Options

11 month old and moving into new home

Wondering if anyone has any experience with their LO and moving into a new home close to the year mark? When we moved from NY down to MD, DD was 4 months and it wasn't really a big thing but now that she's older I'm curious how she'll handle it-if the new environment will throw her off. 

We are finally moving out of my parent's house! I'm sure I'll miss the perks like the live-in babysitters but we seriously need our own space. Although I'm a little worried that DD will be like wtf, where's the constant attention from grandma and grandpa?

scrunched up face

Re: 11 month old and moving into new home

• Options
    I moved when DS was 18 months.  I took my time moving in but one of the first things we moved was his crib.  Anytime we were over at the new house painting etc, I would bring him along and he could cruise around and take naps etc to get a feel for everything.  I think it took me around 10 days to actually move in. 
  • Options
    We moved when DS was 9 months old. We made sure to move his bedroom first so we got it completely set-up for our first night in the new place. He was a little confused at first, but having his bed, toys, books, etc. together in one place helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Luke was 2 when we moved. I just made sure I kept the routine strictly the same and it seemed to make transition really easy on him. I don't remember any major issues.

The first few nights I left the light in the upstairs bathroom on (which illuminated the hallway)  that seemed to help too until he was used to the new sounds and location

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"