November 2013 Moms
Options

Beta rising very slowly but not doubling?

Hi ladies, 

I did my 14dpo beta and it was 42.5, I did a repeat today and it is 58. They said it's good its still going up, but that's only a 38% increase and it should be doubling. Has anyone had low betas that aren't doubling and still had a successful pregnancy?  

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Beta rising very slowly but not doubling?

• Options

I am not an expert and haven't ever had betas taken, so take what I say with a grain of salt...

Aren't betas supposed to double every 48-72 hours? If so, then I think you are still good.

Cross my fingers for you and hope the baby sticks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Don't stress over it.  They are rising. PP is right, it's 48 to 72.  Hcg rises exponentially.  Meaning 24hours after a beta you might only see a 10-20% increase, at 40 hours a 50% increase and so on.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm trying really hard but I'm super scared. This baby took forever to get here and now I don't want to lose him/her. I've read cases of betas for twins also starting low and rising slow as well, so I guess its all wait and see. I have no m/c symptoms and my pregnancy symptoms are still present. I hope they rise fast soon. I'll feel so much better. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You could try an hcg doubling calculator. Although, it might just make you more stressed. It's a waiting game. The only thing that will give you a clearer answer is another beta. Hoping that every thing is okay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    unfortunately I tried that. Right now I am doubling at at 103 hrs which is a day and a big behind the 72 mark. So at this point, although I want to be optimistic, I;m not. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    :[ I've read about lots of women that have wonky levels at first. Are you getting another beta?
  • Options

I hope everything is ok

• Options
    all: My Re's office does them every 2 days until wither m/c or release to ob. It standard procedure for everyone
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hope everything is okay and your next betas are perfect! Keep us updated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"