Baby Names

Help me name five????

Hi all! I'm super new to this site so you'll have to forgive me!

I wanted some opinions on my babies. Yup, babies, I'm carrying quints. So we've gotta name five little ones! Naming one was hard enough! I have a three year old named Zola Clair, because Claire is a family middle name. My name is Aurora Claire and my hubbs is Zachariah Taylor.

About these babies! We have opted to not find out the gender until they are born, but the ultrasound tech DID slip and accidentally let us know there is at least one boy. Since it will obviously be a c-section, we've decided to stick with the "baby a" "baby b" thing and name them by whichever one they are. Let me know if these names sound crazy! This is what we have so far.

(BTW I'm sorta crazy about nicknames, I love 'em!)

For our little ladies....

Amelia Grace (Millie)

Bethany Kaea (Kaea)

Carla Annette (Annie) His mamas name is Carla, so that part cant change!

Delia Hollis (Hollis) pronounced dell-a

Evie Noelle (Elle) pronounced eve-ee

For any little gentlemen we may have..

WE'RE LOST!

Adam something ?

Don't like any B names! Benjamin?

C is tricky. I need Carrington AND Cyrus, so if I have two boys, they need to be worked in somewhere. Maybe Cyrus Anthony (Cy)?

Dawson??

Everett Carrington?

Everett anything

Ethan?

We really do neep help on these boys names!! We are a multiracial family, black, white, and japenese (hence where Kaea came in).

If you have any suggestions at all, please comment!! Thanks!!

Re: Help me name five????

• Indifferent quints?  phew.  godspeed ACTrawets, godspeed.

If you aren't going to call them by their first names, why not have their middle names be alphabetical?  Example: If you're going to call her Kaea, why not go with Kaea Bethany?  You can keep your ABCDE pattern but I think it can get confusing for a kid to go by his/her middle name - especially when they get to school.  She'll be called Kaea for 5 years and then all of a sudden, the teacher will be looking for a Bethany. KWIM?

Delia is Dee-leah or Deal-ya.  If you like Della, spell it that way.

Evie is a nn for Eve or Evelyn, I don't really like Evie as a standalone name (except my friend's cat)

For the boys, it really seems like you don't like any names that fit your alphabetical scheme, why limit yourself this way?  If you could come up with a bunch that fit the plan, that's one thing but if you have to go out of your way and possibly settle on names you're not fond of just for the sake of a pattern...that doesn't sound fair to you or the kiddos.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just curious as to why the girls are almost all using NNs from their MNs, seems confusing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Nice names! I just want clarification:

So for some of them, his/her nickname would be his/her middle name (Delia Hollis = nn Hollis)? And also his/her nickname would be derived from their middle name (Evie Noelle = nn Elle, Carla Annette = nn Annie)?

You rarely hear someone do this, especially the latter.  So I just want to make sure I understand.

Know that if you are going for Dell-a as the pronunciation of Delia it will very often be mispronounced as Deal-ya... which is the more typical pronunciation (which I like a lot, by the way).

ETA: Congrats on the 5! I can't imagine!  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OK, there's a lot going on in this post, so please forgive me for being a little bit skeptical, as this is only your second post here.

So you are a multi-racial quint carrying mama that already has a 3 yo?  I will take that at face value and say congrats.

For your girls

I like Amelia, Bethany and Carla.

I like Evie, but as a NN for Evelyn.

If you spell it Delia, you are going to get Deel-ya.

For your boys

Adam is great.

B suggestions- Bryce, Brock, Bennett, Burton, Blair, Beckett, Brian

Cyrus, Dawson, Ethan and Everett are nice.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• image526SadieSadie:

Indifferent quints?  phew.  godspeed ACTrawets, godspeed.

If you aren't going to call them by their first names, why not have their middle names be alphabetical?  Example: If you're going to call her Kaea, why not go with Kaea Bethany?  You can keep your ABCDE pattern but I think it can get confusing for a kid to go by his/her middle name - especially when they get to school.  She'll be called Kaea for 5 years and then all of a sudden, the teacher will be looking for a Bethany. KWIM?

Delia is Dee-leah or Deal-ya.  If you like Della, spell it that way.

Evie is a nn for Eve or Evelyn, I don't really like Evie as a standalone name (except my friend's cat)

For the boys, it really seems like you don't like any names that fit your alphabetical scheme, why limit yourself this way?  If you could come up with a bunch that fit the plan, that's one thing but if you have to go out of your way and possibly settle on names you're not fond of just for the sake of a pattern...that doesn't sound fair to you or the kiddos.

This!
  • Alright. Well as far as skeptics go, have at it. i am white hubbs is half African American half Japanese. We've had four miscarriages, two of them multiples, and it looks like when we get lucky, we get really lucky. Our three year old is adopted, so this will be my first pregnancy.
    ANYWAY the main reason i got on this site is because I've had such trouble with names, i don't need to post on other boards. :
    As far as the middle name thing goes... Is it really weird? I guess maybe it is... But I go by my middle name with half of my family so I don't see it that way i guess. I just wanted a Millie Annie, so I had to do middle names. hubs and the whole family is dead set on this abcde thing lol.
    And yes!! I need SOO much help with the boy names!! I don't like any of them at all. Any suggestion?
    But i actually do like the idea of abcde the middle names.... May run it past hubs!!!
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:

OK, there's a lot going on in this post, so please forgive me for being a little bit skeptical, as this is only your second post here.

So you are a multi-racial quint carrying mama that already has a 3 yo?  I will take that at face value and say congrats.

I was thinking the same thing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • And I'm fighting on the Delia battle. i like it dellea and call her lia but hes insistent on della
  • Beckett is really nice, thanks!
  • imageACTrawets:
    Alright. Well as far as skeptics go, have at it. i am white hubbs is half African American half Japanese. We've had four miscarriages, two of them multiples, and it looks like when we get lucky, we get really lucky. Our three year old is adopted, so this will be my first pregnancy. ANYWAY the main reason i got on this site is because I've had such trouble with names, i don't need to post on other boards. : As far as the middle name thing goes... Is it really weird? I guess maybe it is... But I go by my middle name with half of my family so I don't see it that way i guess. I just wanted a Millie Annie, so I had to do middle names. hubs and the whole family is dead set on this abcde thing lol. And yes!! I need SOO much help with the boy names!! I don't like any of them at all. Any suggestion? But i actually do like the idea of abcde the middle names.... May run it past hubs!!!

I am really sorry for your losses, but are you saying you are pregnant with spontaneous quints? 

You need a reality show!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I think with quintuplets, you're already going to be dealing with a lot of "who's who" confusion whenever your children come into contact with adults outside of your family.

Are you really sure you're going to want to add to the confusion that the name each child goes by is also a nn?  Just imagine future classroom teachers, sports coaches, camp counselors, etc.  They get a list and see 5 kids signed up for camp, all with the last name X.  So they start trying to sort this out and it goes like this:

Counselor: Raise your hand when I call your name.  Johnny X?

Quint A: Here! But I go by James.

Counselor: Okay, James (makes mark on roll sheet.)  Susie X?

Quint B: I'm Susie, but everyone calls me Mary.

Counselor: Really?  Okay, so we've got Johnny X who actually answers to James, and Susie X who answers to Mary.  Caroline X?  You're next.  What do you want to be called?

Quint C:  I hate Caroline.  Just call me Carrie.

and on, and on, and on...

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Indifferent if you are not MUD, Congrats and good luck.
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Wow!! Congrats! I like your girl names, and I like Everett. I like Burke or Bram for a boys name. Just a couple suggestions. You've got quite the task ahead of you! Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I can't imagine having quints and not knowing the sexes! How much easier would it be to choose if you knew how many of each to come up with. Just my opinion.

I thnk by giving them all names then calling them each by nicknames, some which are nicknames from the middle names. So confusing and complicated.

• Alright ya'll lol. Middle names aren't that weird. In my family, a lot of the girls have "Claire" or Clara as their first name, go by their middle! It's really not that big of a deal! Lol. I actually am a teacher, so i understand the getting used to calling people by their given vs preferred name. the only reason i did the nn at all is because we couldn't find names we like that start with abcde, but the whole family is set on it. So if you have any suggestions, let me know!
  • Due May 30th! Not on bedrest yet thank goodness, still managing to work one or two days a week!
  • imageOops34:
    Wow!! Congrats! I like your girl names, and I like Everett. I like Burke or Bram for a boys name. Just a couple suggestions. You've got quite the task ahead of you! Good luck.

I love Bram! It's perfect, idk why I didn't think of that!! Going on the official list!
  • imageMommyAmes2:
    I can't imagine having quints and not knowing the sexes! How much easier would it be to choose if you knew how many of each to come up with. Just my opinion. I thnk by giving them all names then calling them each by nicknames, some which are nicknames from the middle names. So confusing and complicated.

I love not knowing the gender! Everything about my life since i met my hubs has been nothing but a huge surprise, so I feel like I'd be cheating myself if I messed that up!
  • Guys....I am calling shenanigans.

She says she's due May 30th with spontaneous quints. 

First off, in doing a quick google search, I found out that the chances of that happening is one in 60 million births.  The number of babies born last year in the US was only 4.2 million.  So that means that this happens to someone in the US (meaning becoming pregnant with spontaneous quints) once every 13.3 years.

Second, the average set of quints is born at 29 weeks.  This chick says she is due May 30th so she is approx already 27 weeks along and she works 1-2 days as a teacher?  Impossible.

OP, do some research before you post.  I found this all out in 5 minutes.

Also, we like to talk about names here, so if you would have just come on and hypothetically asked this question you would have gotten so many responses, so the MUD was pointless.

If you really have suffered four losses, I am really sorry to hear that. 

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imageACTrawets:
    the only reason i did the nn at all is because we couldn't find names we like that start with abcde, but the whole family is set on it. So if you have any suggestions, let me know!

Why are you so locked into this A, B, C, D, E thing?  You don't like names that start with these letters.  This is so arbitrary.   If you were having no trouble at all finding names, I'd say "eh -- alphabetical naming isn't my cup of tea, but go for it."  But that's not the case.  You're actually using nicknames based on middle names so that you can avoid calling your future children names the alphabetical names that you don't like.  

Why not just choose names you actually like?  Put all 5 girl names in a bowl.  Pick them out randomly.  Write them down in order from 1 to 5.  Ditto for the boy names. If the first baby out is a girl, she gets girl name #1 and boy name 1 is skipped.  Second baby is a boy?  He gets boy name #2.  Basically what you'd do with the alphabetical names, only you actually use names you like.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Good luck!

Love the girl names and the boy names you have so far!

Brennan? Bridger? I really like Benjamin though...

I think you've got it down so I say you go with what you've got! I agree the nicknames from the middle name could be confusing....maybe ok with one or 2 but with 5 that could get confusing!

Also known as esmid001
    Met 12/31/05 * Engaged 12/31/08 * Married 12/31/09

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow! Congrats and good luck...

But as a teacher, that middle name nickname thing is a nightmare. It's hard with one child and their records. "Hi, I'm Martin, but my middle name is Joseph, so call me Joey." When they're little, half the time they don't even answer to their first name...only the nn. 

Find names you love without having to do this to 5 babies and their teachers for all of their school careers! Wink

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:
    Guys....I am calling shenanigans.She says she's due May 30th with spontaneous quints.nbsp;nbsp;First off, in doing a quick google search, I found out that the chances of that happening is one in 60 million births.nbsp; The number of babies born last year in the US was only 4.2 million.nbsp; So that means that this happens to someone in the US meaning becoming pregnant with spontaneous quints once every 13.3 years.Second, the average set of quints is born at 29 weeks.nbsp; This chick says she is due May 30th so she is approx already 27 weeks along and she works 12 days as a teacher?nbsp; Impossible.OP, do some research before you post.nbsp; I found this all out in 5 minutes.Also, we like to talk about names here, so if you would have just come on and hypothetically asked this question you would have gotten so many responses, so the MUD was pointless.If you really have suffered four losses, I am really sorry to hear that.nbsp;

Actually I already clarified that this was not spontaneous, it's through ivf a all of mine have been. I'm allowed to go up to 30 weeks. I go into work for a few hours once or twice a week to keep up with paper work as it's getting close to testing time.
    I posted on here for help coordinating my kids names from other mothers. Not really sure why you would spend so much effort trying to disprove someone s pregnancy :
  • Alright so ignoring these trollin' mamas lol. Anybody got another good d boy name that isn't David or Daniel?
  • Man, rereading these posts, you mamas can be nasty! Guess it's the world we live in though. I'd really just like some help cause these babies aren't gonna wait to be named lol
  • How about Evan , Eli ...
    < image
  • imageACTrawets:
    Man, rereading these posts, you mamas can be nasty! Guess it's the world we live in though. I'd really just like some help cause these babies aren't gonna wait to be named lol

Lol!! You should have seen some of the comments on my post on a different board .... They all thought I was full of it ... And I was asking an honest question . Good Luck!
    < image
  • Annabel, Annika

Bernadette, Bridget

Ceciliia, Celeste

Delphine, Darcy, and I've always liked Dela, in African it's "content"

Elaine nn Lainey

Alec

Brandt

Carson, Cedric

Declan

Eric 

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

• imageKarbird5:
    Annabel, AnnikaBernadette, BridgetCeciliia, CelesteDelphine, Darcy, and I've always liked Dela, in African it's "content"Elaine nn Laineynbsp;AlecBrandtCarson, CedricDeclanEricnbsp;

I love Declan !
    < image
  • Ok my first suggestion is name them what you love and leave that theme in the dust lol. You don't seem to love it and it seems forced. My sister and dad go by their middle names and it is a pain am I know you say you understand and it isn't a big deal to you but it may be to them someday. If you are for sure on going with this theme then attempt to find names in the letter that you love. I do hate matchy themey names like this though.
    Ok

Girls:
    Amelia, Adeline, Aria, Adelaide, Audrey, Alice

Beatrix, Bianca, That's all I got for B girl namesl lol

Cordelia, Charlotte, Cora, Caroline, Camilla, Colette

Daphne, Della, Delia, Denise, Danica, Diana

Evangeline,Elodie, Esme, Evelyn, Eliana

Boys:
    Abraham, Atticus, Arthur, Alexander, Archer

Benjamin, Beau, Basil, Barrett, Beckett

Charles, cole, Cyrus

Dean, Dominick, Donovan, Dylan, Dante, Declan

Ezra, Edward, Evan, Everett, Emmitt, Ethan

Congrats and Good luck
  • imageACTrawets:
    Alright so ignoring these trollin' mamas lol. Anybody got another good d boy name that isn't David or Daniel?

I like Davis as an alternative to David.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm sure it is really strange that someone's first post on a baby board is NAMES. Lol, hear the sarcasm? I don't know any of you ladies personally, I'm not in Bible study with you, it's an internet forum. I'm looking for advice for my family and a challenge w are currently experiencing, like naming our unborn babes. Enough drama girls :
  • Thank you all for these great names! I'm looking at now....
    Annette
    Bethany
    Carla
    Delia
    Emilia
    and....
    Adam
    Bram
    Cyrus
    Declan
    Everett
    Middle names are up in the air. Gonna have to have a looong talk with hubby, the grandparents, and miss zola about these names!
    It's funny, before we adopted Zola, I refused to name her before w saw her. Even with the miscarriages, I didn't name them in utereo. But this time? I'm positively dead set on having the full list!
  • imageACTrawets:
    Thank you all for these great names! I'm looking at now.... Annette Bethany Carla Delia Emilia and.... Adam Bram Cyrus Declan Everett Middle names are up in the air. Gonna have to have a looong talk with hubby, the grandparents, and miss zola about these names! It's funny, before we adopted Zola, I refused to name her before w saw her. Even with the miscarriages, I didn't name them in utereo. But this time? I'm positively dead set on having the full list!

Don't name two of them Delia and Emilia...

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CatiJCatiJ member
    Congrats! How exciting!

August
    Byron
    Calvin nn Cal
    Davis
    Elliot

Adelia
    Bethany or Bronwyn
    Cecilia or Cecily
    Daphne or Della
    Elise
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you have some nice suggestions. I don't think the ABCDE bit is necessary but that's just me.

I was going to give suggestions until I noticed you calling regulars trolls and ignoring why people might be suspicious. I think that was pretty rude...so good luck with that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can see both sides of the story here! On the one hand, this post does scream MUD. But, she doesn't seem like the typical Troll. On the other hand, can you imagine how hard it would be to name FIVE babies? I mean, for my one little Bean Sprout I've probably made like 10-15 threads!

OP: I suggest you and your DH go through a baby name book one letter at a time each night until you find the perfect name. Tonight, your assignment is letter A for girl!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP #1: 12/22/10. EDD: 9/4/11. BDay: 8/30/11
    BFP #2: 10/16/12. EDD: 6/27/13. Said Goodbye: 10/22/12
    BFP #3: 11/20/12. EDD: 8/1/13. STICK BABY STICK!
    Betas: 11/30/12 - 2819. 12/2/12 - 7339! Keep growing, baby!

VOTE on my Name List
  • Congratulations on the quints!  That's amazing!

As for names, I like the ABCDE thing.  I think it's cute!

Boys names seem way harder to me, but here goes...

A - Andrew, Austin, Asher,

B - Brooks, Blake, Brayden, Bowen

C - Christopher, Cameron, Connor, Cole, Chance

D - Donovan, Dustin, Dalton, Drew, Dean

E - Ethan, Ezra, Elias

I think you have gotten a lot of great girl suggestions, so I won't post any of those.

congrats again!

January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• You have a much better handle on your girl names that I do, and I'm only tryingto name  one! But as far as your boys names, I love Cyrus Anthony and Everett Carrington. Congrats on the quints and for being brave enough to wait til they are born to find out the genders!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"