May 2013 Moms

30 Week Appt - Procardia threat

I went to my 30 week appt today and everything with baby boy looks great. I have been having tons of braxton hicks and did with my first LO as well. I average around 3-4 per hour (some hours more and some hours less). She said its too early to put me on procardia, but if I start getting any more to call in and she'll just call the prescription in knowing my background. Then at next appt in 2 weeks she'll do an NST and check my cervix.

I reacted horribly to procardia with my first (racing heart, anxiety, trouble getting my breath...worse than normal and was super jittery. Fortunately I only had to take it a couple days because I hit the 36 week mark and they said that while they really want him to make it longer they were ok with the 36 weeks. He ended up staying put until almost 40 weeks. I just can't imagine going through that for up to 8 weeks. Of course I will if I have to, but I'm praying these contractions settle down.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 30 Week Appt - Procardia threat

• My OB gave me Flexeril yesterday due to having so many BH.  I'm not liking it and and I'm hoping I don't have to take it too much.  T&P that everything calms down for you and doesn't require the procardia.  
  • imageannagrya:
    My OB gave me Flexeril yesterday due to having so many BH.  I'm not liking it and and I'm hoping I don't have to take it too much.  T&P that everything calms down for you and doesn't require the procardia.  

Flexeril sounds familiar. I wonder if its the generic or similar to procardia. Whatever I took for those couple of days were no fun at all. I'm sorry you are having to take it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry! I hope you don't have to take it. So far I have just had headaches with it but I will be on it until 37 weeks to control my contractions. Maybe there is another option! My nurse told me if the side effects were too much to tell my doctor and he could probably switch it to something else.

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"