March 2013 Moms

Slowly making a move in the right direction!

I will be 39wks. Saturday, went to Dr. Tuesday and no effacement and only 1cm. dilated. my bp was high so he sent me for a lab work, 24hr. urine test, & NST (all was fine)  and sat up a induction on Monday which he did not explain why and how so i was really second guessing it all. Went back to Dr. today and now i am 50% effaced and he expalined the entire induction process and made me feel a lot better. he said my cervix had made progress so i would not have to "Ripen" it on Monday so he est. baby by Monday night at this point.  i asked him if i could still go into labor on my own and he said yes, so i'm hopeing LO will come before Monday, at least there has been some progress since Tuesday! i know all the numbers dont mean a lot, if its time, its time.  on the other hand my family is driving DH and I crazy! i told my Mother my Dr. Appt was at 1:45 at 2:00 there were 3 txt msg., 4 missed calls and 2 voicemails! Good grief, my DH and i are very private people and are not dealing well with all our smothering relatives! i just want to be left alone! i'm sure we dont need 7 (YES 7) people at the hospital!  I also dont know if any of this mattered but i walked circles in this house yesterday and started evening primrose oil yesterday, may just be time but i'm going to try anything at this point!

Re: Slowly making a move in the right direction!

• I'm glad he made you feel more comfortable about the whole situation, and hopefully LO will come on his own soon! I tried to block out the thought of people waiting at the hospital, because I also had 7 people in the waiting room who hung out for probably 9 hours at least. It would make me stress out thinking I needed to hurry the process along. 

I went to the doctor today and she told me she thinks I'll have LO tomorrow, so I told my mom that I'm not buying it and he will come when he wants, but I swear she started the call-tree to let everyone know. There's no need for people to sit all day in the waiting room, especially because when I was induced I had DD at 5:30, they took her to the nursery to get cleaned up as they were taking me to post-partum around 7:30 and didn't bring her back until close to 9:30 which was after visiting hours and everyone left. So they sat there ALL DAY and didn't see LO until the next morning.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Glad you are feeling more comfortable! Did he every explain why he was inducing you?  I had some BP scares, but luckily it came back down and things are looking good again.  I feel your pain on all the people...luckily our closest family is 4 hours away so DH and I have a little space if we need it :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • imagejessicalgilmore:
    Glad you are feeling more comfortable! Did he every explain why he was inducing you?  I had some BP scares, but luckily it came back down and things are looking good again.  I feel your pain on all the people...luckily our closest family is 4 hours away so DH and I have a little space if we need it :)

He is inducing due to my BP, it has been creeping up since December and he upped my medicine and it is still high, he said since i will be 39wks. Sat. that baby is full term and there is more harm at this point the longer i go. 4hrs would be very nice! ours is 2hrs but they have been trying to "beat" their time to make it quicker!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"