August 2012 Moms

Ferber on CD

For those of you that have read Ferber.  Do you think you could listen to an audio book? 

Ug!  I am such a procratinator ... I wanted to barrow the Ferber book and the no cry sleep solution book from the libraby.  If I liked them then I would buy them to keep on hand. But all the libraries around me have them both all lent out.  (I've checked every library within an hour)!  I did find one library that had the audio book of ferber (on CD).  Ummm, not sure how I'd feel about lisening to it on a CD?  I do have a long cummute and I could listen while I drive.  But as far as using it as a referance and wanting to flip back to sections might be difficlt!

Thoughs?

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ferber on CD

• I actually listened to the audiobook a few months ago (downloaded it from itunes). I'm a SAHM so I would just play it while doing house chores during the day and I got through it within a few days.

I must admit that I was very sleep deprived so it was nice to multitask while listening to it but it was a bit frustrating because the audiobook from itunes did not have a pdf link to the charts and there were many references to the chart on pg. etc, etc. (I definitely would not have ordered it if I would have known this in advance). So it was very confusing without having the charts to put it all together. However, it did help me build a lot of background knowledge on sleep cycles,the importance of consistency, etc.   

After paying so much for the audiobook I definitely didnt want to buy the book just for the charts but after searching online for his night weaning, and progressive waiting charts and not finding them (you may be able to find them) I just ordered the ebook on my kindle. Which I enjoyed it better because I was able to quickly find the important chapters and bookmark/highlight the important pages for reference when I needed them.  

I feel it is a trade off though-If you don't have time to read the book I think the audio is great as long as you have the charts.   

Hope this helps! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"